Part 15

My eyes fluttered open. I saw green leaves and yellow field. I saw Negan standing far away. He saw me. We started to run to each other.
"Kat! I'm so happy to see you!" Negan said as he embraced me in a tight hug. I hugged him back of course.
"I'm happy everything is okay. I'm happy you're okay." I told him. The apocalypse was finally over. No worries. Nothing to fear. The world was finally at peace. No war. No Walkers. Only beauty and peace.
I looked into Negan's eyes, almost falling into a trance. He picked me up bridal style as he started to softly kiss my lips. It wasn't rough. It was sweet and kind. Negan had changed from the fearless leader of the Saviors to the fearless keeper of my heart. I loved him and he loved me. I cared about him. He cared about me. We were finally together and it felt so right.
"Kat... I've been thinking" Negan said.
"Yes Negan?"
He put me down, got down on one knee and held out my left hand
"Katherine, I have loved you since the moment I layed my eyes on you. I'm glad the apocalypse happened. I would have never met you without it. We wouldn't have the relationship we have now. Baby, you are the most beautiful girl I've ever seen and I want to spend my whole life with you. So Kat, will you marry me?"
The man of my dreams finally did it. He proposed. I love him so much.
"Negan, I love you more than you will ever know. You mean the world to me and you are the most amazing person I've ever met and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So yes. I will marry you Negan"
I don't know where he got it but Negan gave me the most gorgeous ring I've ever seen in my life. It was my birthstone. A red ruby surrounded with little diamonds. The ring itself was pure gold.
Negan slid the ring on my left ring finger.
"It's beautiful Negan."
"Not as beautiful as you" he kissed my forehead.
Negan and I were laying in the field together, cloud watching. He was holding my right hand, stroking my palm with his thumb.
"That one looks like a turtle!" I pointed at it.
"That one looks like a heart!" Negan pointed at another cloud. We just layed there together until dark.
It started raining. Lightning lit up the sky. It was pitch black and I was holding Negan's hand. All of a sudden he let go. More lighting. The world flashed white. I couldn't see Negan.
"Negan? Negan! Where are you!?" I screamed. Behind me I heard snarling. I turned around to see a zombified Negan getting ready to bite me.
"No. This isn't happening!" He pushed me down and started snarling in my face. He then began to attack my chest. I was in so much pain. I screamed so loud anyone or anything for miles could hear me. I gripped the left side of my chest as walker Negan kept ripping at my flesh. The world went black.