Part 20

"Negan... I.. I don't know what to say, I just can't believe this! This is so beautiful!"
Pink, yellow and white flower petals and flowers everywhere. Rows of black fold up chairs. But most incredible of all, a long white aisle leading to a black alter covered in white flowers. Today is my wedding day. Right here right now. I recognized this place as the place Negan and I first met. Where he saved me from the swarm of walkers.
Negan walked down the aisle as people came seemingly out of nowhere to sit in the chairs.
"Care to join me?" Negan called out. I practically ran down the aisle to Negan. I started to recognize people. Sherry, Dwight, Simon, Joey, Carley and... Carl? And Rick too? What is going on? A priest wearing all black and a black and white collar appeared next to Negan and I.
"Holy crap! You are creepy!" I yelled at the priest. He laughed.
"I apologize. I'm Father Gabriel. I'll be conducting this ceremony today." I couldn't believe my eyes when the girl who shot me came into my view. Gabriel noticed my sudden change in attitude.
"Don't worry. No weapons are present and Rosita isn't here to harm you."
Once people were done filing in, Father Gabriel began to speak.
"We are gathered here today to celebrate this occasion of love between a man and a woman. Things as beautiful as love are becoming more and more scarce as the world gets worse but these two people, Negan and Katherine, have shown us that love is still possible. I pray that nothing undead interrupts this beautiful gathering today."

*skip the boring stuff*
"Do you, Negan, take this lovely woman, Katherine, to be your wife as long as you both live?" Gabriel finally asked Negan.
"I absolutely do" Negan said. He took my engagement ring off and put it on my right ring finger. Then he took out a gold ring with a blue sapphire in the middle and put it on my left ring finger, replacing my engagement ring. I gasped and looked straight up at Negan. He was smiling from ear to ear. I'd bet I was too.
"And do you, Katherine, take this handsome man, Negan, to be your husband as long as you both live?" Gabriel asked me. The moment I had been waiting for.
"No question, I do." I said. I felt a tap on my left leg. I looked down and saw Judith holding out a gold ring to me.
"Thank you cutie pie!" I said as I took the ring. She skipped back to Rick. I held out Negan's left hand and put the ring on his ring finger, like he had done with me.
"This is settled then? Okay! Negan, you may now kiss the bride" My smile widened as Negan leaned forward and kissed me. I heard clapping and cheers as Negan and I were still connected at our lips. He picked me up, carried me, spun around and walked us back down the aisle.
"Hey, baby? How did you do this?" I asked Negan.
"Lots of scavenging." Negan laughed.
"No I mean... how did you get all these people here? I thought Rick's people were against us. I'm so confused" I said as I rested my head on Negan's shoulder.
"Hang on there, don't get too comfortable. I gotta put you down soon. But anyways, I gave them some of their stuff back, did all I could to make everything as normal as it can be. Some still haven't forgiven me and I understand but I didn't ask them to come here for me. They seem to like you so I asked them to come here to support you." Negan put me back on my feet and kissed me again. We split up and I just explored. Negan went to go talk to Rick.
I was just minding my own business when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around. It was Rosita, the girl who had tried to kill Negan.
I jumped back a bit.
"Oh honey I'm sorry for scaring you and well, you know, uh shooting you. If it helps, I wasn't  aiming for you." She silently laughed to herself.
"It's fine. That was in the past. Everything is okay now between our groups, right?" I asked.
"Yeah. It's alright now. Part of me still wants to hate Negan but I can see you changed him for the better. And I thank you for helping unify us" Rosita said as she sort of half hugged me.
"I guess I forgive you for um. Yeah. Shooting me. That was the past and I don't want to let that ruin my future"
Everything is okay now. I may not be prancing around a golden field, living in a perfect dream land but this is my reality. And I wouldn't change it for anything. I'm married to the love of my life. Negan is happy. Everyone is happy. And that makes me happy. I can't wait to see what's ahead.

I guess that wraps it up! I hope you liked reading this as much as I liked writing it! Let me know if you want a second story. I'm thinking about making another Negan story but maybe an x-reader? Let me know your thoughts! Thanks for reading!
-Lee