Part 18

I'd been lying in this bed for a few days after I woke up. I've been having nightmares about Negan and what could have happened if I didn't jump in front of that bullet. I don't want to think about that. Negan would be the one in this bed. I never want him hurt. I'm just glad I woke up. Negan seemed so distraught over me, I felt horrible. Negan came in to check on me every day, bringing me wildflowers and little candies.
"Hello beautiful" Negan said as he walked in the door. As usual, a small bouquet of little pink and yellow flowers was in his hand along with various hard candies. Negan set his gifts down and sat on the edge of my bed. He leaned over and kissed me.
"How are you today?" Negan asked.
"Pretty good. I'm in less pain and my chest doesn't look too bad. I never asked, how long was I out for?" I asked Negan. He sighed.
"27 days. Right after you collapsed, I rushed back here and the doctor did what he could but you wouldn't wake up. Until he hooked up the heart monitor, I thought you had died." Negan was tearing up, which was a rare sight.
"You layed motionless for 27 whole days. I checked on you every single day. When you finally woke up, I was so happy. I missed you. And also, while you were out, I let all the girls go. I also found this" Negan said as he revealed the most beautiful purple and green ring I had ever seen in my life.
"Negan! Ohmygodyesiloveyousomuch!!" I wrapped my arms around Negan's neck. For some odd reason, when I did so, I didn't feel the pain in my chest anymore. It was as if Negan could heal me.
"I love you Katherine. I want to spend the rest of my life with you" Negan said as he put the ring on my left ring finger.
"I love you Negan." I said happily.
"What's going on boss?" I looked over at the door and there stood just about every single savior, including some of the girls.
Negan and I exchanged glances before he picked me up and carried me around the room.
"We're gettin' married!" Negan yelled. People were cheering and others were just smiling. Out of all the people, I saw Sherry wrapped in Dwight's arms. She was smiling. I had never seen her smile before.
"Negan, please put her down. There's still some recovery that needs to happen here" the doctor killed the mood.
Negan groaned as he brought me back to the bed.
"I'll see ya later okay?" Negan said as he got lost in the crowd. I just smiled to myself. I'm getting married.
"Okay lets check out what we have here." The doctor said as he removed the bandage. The bullet wound was red and blue. It was smaller than I thought which meant it would heal faster.
"You're doing great! You should work on standing up and walking around. Need to rebuild those muscles." The doctor suggested as he put antibiotic cream and a new bandage on my wound.
"Got it!" I said happily. Soon enough, I'd be up and moving. I drifted off to sleep, happy and excited. Life was good.

Sorry for the long wait! I just went back to school so I don't have much free time. But I'll update as much as I can!