Chapter Two

The four vigilantes arrive to Earth-38, and meet the only likeable Luthor.

Enjoy chapter two!

*** 

Oliver considered it extremely lucky that when they made the jump to Earth-38, they arrived in an abandoned warehouse. "OK, so what does this Cadmus have against Kara?" Malcolm asked as they headed for the exit.

"Kara never told me that," Oliver shook his head, stepping outside, recognizing National City from before. "Only that it seems they have it out for Kryptonians especially."

"How to we find this Lena woman?" Slade asked, letting Oliver take the lead.

Oliver pulled out his phone. "Let's hope Cisco was right about connecting to networks here," he muttered.

Sure enough, within a minute, he had found who he was looking for. "Lena Luthor," he told them. "CEO of L-Corp, formerly Lex-Corp . . . " He raised an eyebrow. "And her brother was formerly CEO. And guess which race of aliens was responsible for planting him in prison."

"Kryptonians," Laurel nodded.

"It was Kara's cousin," Oliver confirmed.

"Think Lena might know what happened to her?" Malcolm asked.

"I don't know," he shook his head, flipping through other links. "From what Kara told me, it didn't sound like Lena and her mother see eye to eye."

"Kid!"

Oliver turned when he heard Slade call from further down the street. "What?" he asked, jogging over, the others behind him.

"Seems like she's been gone for a while," Slade showed Oliver one of the CatCo magazines.

Laurel sighed, seeing the article written about Kara's disappearance. "Been about three weeks, it looks like."

"There's two different numbers to call if anyone has information about her," Malcolm noted, looking at the numbers. "One of them looks like it's her sister, Alex . . . " He grinned, pointing out the other number. "The other is a direct line to Lena Luthor."

"She must be really concerned about her," Laurel remarked.

"Or it's a way to tell her mother that someone's looking for Kara," Slade pointed out.

"Either way, it's a way to reach her," Oliver looked over Slade's shoulder, dialing the number. "And maybe a way to get one step closer to finding Kara."

***

Lena was going over the blueprints for one of L-Corp's new buildings when her phone rang. She froze, looking down at the cell phone she had bought just to keep an open line if anyone had any idea where Kara was. It looked like someone finally did.

She didn't recognize the number, but answered it, turning to look out at National City. "Hello?" she asked.

"Lena Luthor, I take it?"

Lena frowned, taking another look at the number. "That's me."

"We're looking for Kara Danvers. I was hoping you might have an idea about where to look."

Lena slowly turned to her computer, ready to pull up a trace on this number. "That's what I set up this line for," she told the man on the phone. "I don't know where she is."

"But you might know where Supergirl is."

Lena froze, taking another look at her phone. "Who is this?" she demanded. "Who are you?"

"My name is Oliver Queen. Kara spoke fondly of you the last time I saw her."

Lena paused in her actions, taking a moment to let that sink in. "Oliver Queen?" she repeated, stunned. She remembered Kara mentioning Oliver before, after one of his phone calls. Was it possible - ? "If you're Oliver Queen, then tell me this," she said slowly. "What makes it so difficult for you and Kara to keep in contact?"