Chapter Ten

*peeks out* Please tell me people haven't abandoned this. I'm sorry for the long wait, guys! But this TV show called Supernatural suddenly started taking away my time, and I just recently (sort of) escaped it.

Also, as I'm sure everyone knows, the most recent seasons of the DC TV shows have started. Suffice to say, this is very AU from the current seasons. I also made a slight time adjustment: instead of it being five months since "Once Call Away," it's been three. That means there'll have been right about four months between the end of this book and when "Crisis on Earth-X" happens. Which I am super pumped about, by the way. :D

Something else I mentioned on my profile was - after this book - doing a book with (kind of) one-shots following certain episodes of Arrow Season 6 and Supergirl Season 3. Some of them might actually take place during the episode ("Triggers" from Supergirl being one of them, most likely) and some of them probably will take place after (because Kara would totally need a drinking buddy after "The Faithful"). Anyone opposed?

Anyway, here's an update . . . and I'm working on uploading this when I should be doing a paper for English . . . *cricket chirps* Yeah, tomorrow is going to be a looooooooong day.

But hey, y'all are finally starting to get a bit more Kariver here! And if you take into consideration the small bit of conversation I put on my profile and that gif of Oliver up top, you can probably guess what's happening.

Enjoy chapter ten, guys!

***

"That is a genius idea," Thea pointed at Kara's balcony as she and Oliver landed. "That is perfect for you!"

"Hey, guys," Alex smiled as she held up a stack of pizza boxes with one hand, the other holding up a bag of takeout. "Hungry?"

"Starving," Kara moaned, hurrying to her room to change out of her suit.

Oliver shook his head, smiling fondly as he removed his gloves. "She could give Barry a run for his money on how much they eat."

"I've never met Barry, but he's a metahuman, right?" When Oliver nodded, Alex snorted. "Oliver. My sister's an alien."

Oliver sighed. "She'd beat him, wouldn't she?"

"Probably," Alex grinned as Lena and Dinah snickered.

"Also, one of the D.E.O. agents dropped by with your bag, and Laurel's," Maggie gestured towards the wall. "That's assuming you want to be on 'Kara Watch.'"

"Kara Watch?" Oliver repeated.

Alex tucked her hair behind her ear. "She's not at the D.E.O. anymore," she said softly. "None of us know how she's going to do."

Oliver immediately nodded. "I'll stay. Absolutely."

"It'll be you and me, then," Alex nodded. "It's not that I don't trust you, honestly, I do – "

"Thank God," Thea mumbled into her drink.

"But she's your sister," Oliver finished for Alex. "I'd do the same for Thea."

"Naw," Thea nudged him playfully. "Thanks, big bro!"

"So, that pizza is all Kara's, and it'll be gone before any of us even finish two slices," Alex took the top pizza off and set it to the side. "Practically every meat that exists is on that thing."

"I have the best sister ever," Kara declared as she exited her bedroom, wearing sweats and a tank top, tying her hair in a ponytail.

"Eh, I could argue," Oliver shrugged.