Chapter Thirteen

You know what, I'm not gonna even say anything about the chapter. All I'm going to say is this: handed to you guys right on, in the words of Miss Malone, an Emerald Steel platter. ;)

Enjoy!

***

"So all of you owe Kara a debt because she saved your lives on the island," Cat folded her arms as she listened. "All of you are here to repay that debt by taking down Cadmus . . . and you're all betting on when Kara and Oliver become a couple?"

"I owe her twice," Malcolm corrected.

"That's it," Rene nodded.

"They're totally smitten," Thea grinned, only to yelp when Iris jabbed her in the arm. "Well, I'm not wrong!"

"That would explain why his son was so concerned when I thought it was her and Malcolm," Cat recalled.

"What?" Malcolm blanched, making Slade and Laurel burst out laughing. "No, that's not happening. Shut up!" he snapped at the other two.

"Meet Kara's two protective older brothers," Winn smirked.

"Or at least they act like they are," Felicity snickered. "Two of the deadliest people here, and they act like children all the time."

"Hey!" they both protested at the same time.

"We rest our case," Winn laughed.

"Well, I'm happy Kara has you looking out for her," Cat smiled. "Now I know why these two," she gave Winn and James looks, "always seemed to be with her."

"Yeah," James rubbed the back of his head, Winn's attention suddenly on his tablet. "We did use one of the unused office areas for a while."

"Hmm," Cat gave them a long look. "I do hope you returned it to its proper condition."

James and Winn looked between each other. "We did."

Footsteps from the other direction made them turn. Oliver was emerging from the corridor, the same hardened look in his eyes, except this time, there was a small hint of panic in them. "He must've got something," Maggie said in relief.
"If I just badly hurt someone he cared about, and he came to make me talk, I would have been a babbling wreck," Cisco snorted. "Either that's what happened, or Oliver didn't hold anything back."

When Thea leaned around the others to see Oliver walk up to J'onn, she caught him slipping a very bloody knife out of sight under his jacket. She cringed and turned back around. "Go with Option B."

"Oh, God," Samantha closed her eyes.

"Hopefully, that means we're one step closer to taking down Cadmus," Iris tried to make everyone optimistic.

***

"J'onn," Oliver nodded curtly to the Martian as he walked up.

"How big of a mess is it?" he asked.

"Messy," Oliver answered, slipping his knife back into his jacket. "I don't have a location."

"But?" J'onn prompted.

"I do have their worst-case scenario option for taking out Supergirl," Oliver smirked; J'onn knew him too well. "Unfortunately, it means not all of us will be suited up. At least, not in the way we'd like to be."

"What?"

"Their worst-case scenario is taking Kara out in full view of National City's elite," Oliver answered. "Lena's party."

J'onn closed his eyes. "And as Lillian's daughter, it'll look like Lena was in on it."

"Yes."

J'onn sighed. "I better go inform Miss Luthor." He caught Oliver's gaze sliding towards the medical bay, and he nodded. "Alex hasn't moved for two hours."