Chapter Seven

Well, count on me to quickly ruin how good everything was in the last chapter. And that's all I'm going to say. }:)

Kara gets to interact more with one of her saviors, and something happens that leads to something several of you have been looking forward to. Enjoy chapter seven!

***

Kara was greeted with smiles and well wishes when she made it to the top floor of CatCo the next morning. She smiled and made sure to tell everyone she was fine before she steeled herself and headed for Cat's office.

She was speaking with James about something when she made it, but she immediately looked up when she heard Kara enter. "Kiera," she straightened, making James turn. "I was beginning to wonder if you would ever show up for work."

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Grant," Kara winced, adjusting her glasses. "But Cadmus was a menace."

Cat gave her a long look. "As I am well aware." Kara winced at that, and Cat sighed. "But it is good to see you back," she said sincerely.

Kara blinked in surprise. "Thank you, Ms. Grant."

Cat nodded, then waved her off. "Now, shoo. I can't hold off Snapper forever."

Kara nodded and left her office, heading for the reporters' division. "Hey," James jogged up to her.

"Hey, James," Kara smiled wearily at him.

"Did the D.E.O. really clear you that quickly?"

"Alex did," Kara said simply.

James conceded the point. Alex usually had the last say on when Kara was free to leave after a potential Kara dying scenario. "Well, it's good to see you back," he smiled genuinely at her.

"Thank you," Kara smiled back before walking into her part of the office, bracing herself for a rant from Snapper.

***

If Snapper Carr sentencing her to desk duty for two weeks because one of her stories "nearly got one of his reporters killed" was the one bad thing that happened to her for the day, that was fine with Kara. She used her time to catch up on what had happened around National City through the eyes of CatCo.

So far, Cat had no plans on leaving on another sabbatical and was staying in National City. That was a relief to Kara. The media mogul was an inspiration not only to Kara as just Kara, but also to Supergirl. It had been a huge relief to her when Cat had returned when Rhea invaded, and the fact that she had stayed afterwards had made her get her hopes up. And now, seeing it in writing in front of her that Cat had no intentions of leaving again was the icing on the cake. Maybe when they finally brought down Lillian Luthor, Kara could give her to Cat for a scathing shut down.

As Kara moved on to learning more about L-Corp, she paused, realizing she had thought when this time, in regards to bringing Cadmus down. For so long, after learning Cadmus had supplies of Kryptonite and was perfectly capable of using fire to bring down J'onn, she had started to worry about if Cadmus could truly be destroyed.

And in less than an hour, three vigilantes and a screaming metahuman from a different universe had not only rescued her, but had also blown up part of Cadmus's stock of Kryptonite. Alone, with less than twenty-four hours to prepare, with only Lena to guide them to where they were. And when the rest of the team arrived . . . oh, Kara was going to love watching Lillian's reaction to all of Team Arrow unleashing hell.

And speaking of Team Arrow . . .

Kara pulled out her cell phone, scrolling through contacts, before finally choosing one. She put the phone to her ear, waiting patiently. A moment later, a bored voice came through. "Thea Queen speaking."