Chapter Sixteen

So . . . how about that Crisis on Earth-X, huh, guys???? :D

I was super stoked to see SuperArrow, even if it was the Nazi take on it. Honestly, just seeing Oliver and Kara together in some form was pretty awesome. :) Oliver literally invaded another Earth just to try and find a heart for his wife . . . I'm not sure if I should be shipping Nazis, but come on, I thought that was cute.

And the big elephant in the crossover . . . poor, poor Martin Stein. :( For those of you that think killing him off was a bad move, I disagree wholeheartedly. Yes, it would have been nice to see him actually retire and get a happily ever after, but to be honest . . . that's a forgettable ending for a major character like Stein. He was a mentor to Team Flash, and he was a father figure to the Legends. He deserved an ending that we would never forget, and an emotional one, too. I have never cried during a TV show, and I could barely watch the rest of the Legends episode because Stein's death had me crying buckets. For him and Jax to have been planning what would happen once Stein retired, and for them to have come so close to separating safely . . . only for that connection being the one thing keeping Stein alive, but would ultimately kill Jax, too? Stein chose to take the serum to save his son. If that's not a worthy, emotional, and unforgettable death, I don't know what is. Props to you, CW, for having Martin Stein die as a Legend, as was fitting for such a character.

And on that note . . . hey, guys, welcome to the longest chapter in the book! :D And the best way to describe this chapter should be in the words of our favorite thief, Leonard Snart: "Make the plan, execute the plan . . . expect the plan to go off the rails." }:)

Enjoy chapter sixteen!

***

Lena scowled as she watched updates scroll on her phone. "Well, so far, the venue looks clean." She looked up as Kara came out of the dressing rooms in another designer dress. "Nothing for you to worry about."

"That just makes me worry more," Kara sighed before turning and looking in the mirror, wincing and fiddling with her ear. "No . . . cherry red is not my color."

"Mmm, maybe not," Lena admitted.

"That's why I keep telling her to wear green," Laurel poked her head out of another dressing room. "Stake her claim!"

"Oh, my God," Kara buried her face in her hands as Lena laughed. "Stop it!"

"Come on," Lena encouraged. "I know how important it is for you to bury my mother, but please, at least have some fun where you can."

"Fine, I'll try on the emerald," Kara sighed, heading back to the dressing rooms.

"Thank you!" Laurel grinned as she walked out of her dressing room, clad in a black dress with a slit in the skirt.

"Oh, look," Kara tilted her head, poking at her shoulder. "Fishnets."

"Stop stalling," Laurel gave her a small push, and Kara glared as she closed the door to her dressing room. Laurel snickered and walked out to where Lena was sitting and waiting. "What do you think?"

"I think you and Malcolm are going to look stunning together," Lena answered,

Laurel faked a gag, making Lena snort. "I don't know who's going to have a more interesting night: Oliver and Kara, or the two of us."

"Depends on if Malcolm's complaining as much as you are," Lena said innocently.

"Me and Malcolm Merlyn," Laurel rolled her eyes, turning to see her reflection in the mirror. "That's just . . . no."