Chapter Three

So I am now officially a college freshman. And I should be getting some sleep right now. And what am I doing? Updating.

To be fair, it's been a while, and today was extremely hectic. Well, you're in for a treat - the vigilantes get to kick Cadmus's ass. ;)

Enjoy chapter three!

*** 

Had the four not known which compound they were looking for, they would have thought Cadmus's complex was just a regular string of warehouses. When Lena tensely told them they had arrived, Oliver quickly hid the van they had borrowed past the tree line and led the three others. "Checkmate, what have you got?" he asked.

"The first building you're seeing is mostly for supplies," Lena answered. "My guess is you'll find a ton of Kryptonite in there. Bullets, bombs, liquid supply, chunks of rock, whatever. There are tons of electrical signatures just past that building. That might be the security hub. I can't get past that without getting into their security."

"Dark Archer, Black Siren, check the supplies," Oliver ordered. "If you see even a bit of Kryptonite, start setting charges. Deathstroke and I will get into security."

"Watch out for patrols," Lena warned. "That was something Kara mentioned the last time Mother had her."

"They won't be a problem," Slade shook his head.

"Go," Oliver ordered.

The group of four split up, with Malcolm and Laurel running for the first building, Oliver and Slade sprinting past them to the next one. When they caught sight of the first security guard, Malcolm drew back an arrow and fired at once, the man collapsing without a sound. Laurel hastily pulled him to the side, hiding him behind a few crates. Malcolm took out the two guards at the front as well, Laurel hiding them as he entered the building.

Crates were piled against the sides and in the middle, with a few guards with less weapons inside. Malcolm ran forward, using his bow like a staff, knocking two of the guards out with well-placed hits. The last guard went for his radio when Laurel slammed the hilt of one of her knives into his temple repeatedly. He fell to the ground, and she ran to the crate he was next to, prying it open with her knife. She opened it and immediately gasped. "Malcolm!"

He walked over and lifted the lid further, and he froze, narrowing his eyes. "Green Arrow," he said coldly.

"What did you find?" Oliver asked.

Malcolm and Laurel exchanged looks. "What did you say Kryptonite looked like?"

"Glowing green rock."

"What did you find?" Lena asked.

Malcolm looked down into the box. "Bars of that crap." He looked at a crate against one of the walls and pointed. "Get that one open."

Laurel ran over, opening the lid and peering in. "It's here, too."

Malcolm looked around at the dozens of crates in the building and ground his teeth together. "This needs to go."

"Start setting charges," Lena said. "Green Arrow, Deathstroke, you're approaching the building now. The biggest signals are coming from close to the right."

"Copy that," Oliver said.

Malcolm opened his bag on the ground, revealing the explosives he had brought with him. "Black Siren, set these up while I watch the doors," he told her.

She nodded and took a few charges, running around to start setting them up, picking out specific Kryptonite crates as Malcolm picked up his bow and found a hiding place, the door easily in sight.