iris

the quiet pitter-patter of sock clad feet scampering against the hardwood floor could be heard throughout the joseph household, the tiny brunette running towards the front hall as soon as he heard the doorbell sound. he peered through the window beside the door, his breath fogging up the glass as he pressed his face against it and smiled as he spotted a bright pink tuft of hair.

the brunette swung the door open, immediately finding comfort within joshua's embrace. they pulled apart and tyler ushered joshua in without a word.

"'m a-a b-b-bit h-hungry, d-do y-y-you w-w-want any-anything to-to e-eat?" tyler questioned as he led joshua to the pantry, eyes skimming over his options.

"i'll just have whatever you're having," joshua said, watching as tyler stood on his tippy-toes, reaching for the bag of white-cheddar cheetos that sat on the top shelf. he jumped up, still too short to reach. joshua tried to help, fingers barely skimming the shelf but still not enough to knock the bag down.

"w-we h-have a-a st-stool s-s-somewhere," tyler mumbled, mostly to himself, eyebrows furrowed in thought. and then joshua gasped, an idea popping into his mind.

"if you're okay with it i could give you a piggyback ride so you can reach it, or i can just lift you up quickly," the pink haired boy suggested.

"i-i d-d-don't kn-know..." tyler trailed. "i-i m-may b-b-be t-too h-heavy."

joshua playfully scoffed. "are you, tyler joseph, implying that i, joshua dun, am not strong enough to lift you up? frankly, i'm quite offended."

tyler burst into a fit of giggles, giving in to his boyfriend's request after some thought. joshua crouched down, the freckled boy holding onto joshua's shoulders for support as he jumped up onto his back, wrapping his legs around his waist. the older of the two weaved his hands under tyler's thighs, keeping him in place as he hoisted him up a bit higher, walking closer to the pantry with ease. tyler reached up and grabbed the bag with no obstacles, getting ready to jump off of joshua's back before he was stopped.

"you can stay on, if you want. just tell me where to go and i will go there."

and that's how they found themselves out of breath from laughter, collapsed on tyler's bed. not only did josh bring tyler to his room, he ran, leaving tyler a squealing mess as he clutched onto josh in fear of falling off. once joshua had caught his breath he sat up, soaking in his surroundings and smiling because it was exactly as he imagined it would be. the walls were a soft shade of peach, all of his belongings neatly organized, no clutter lingering on anything. joshua didn't think he had ever been in a room so coordinated and organized.

"d-do y-y-you w-want a-a r-room t-t-tour?" tyler asked, taking notice of the way joshua's eyes darted around the room in curiosity.

"sure," joshua shrugged. tyler grabbed his wrist and boldly pulled him off of the bed, tugging him to the door, the two standing in the doorway as they faced the room.

"t-to y-your r-right y-you'll s-s-see my-my dr-dresser." tyler, whose hand was no longer gripping joshua's wrist and instead laced their fingers together, walked joshua farther into the room. "an-and n-n-next t-to th-that is-is m-my sh-shelf. i-i k-keep m-my m-m-movies on-on th-the t-t-top sh-shelf, a-and b-below th-that i-is w-where i-i-i k-keep m-my sm-smaller st-stuffed an-animals, un-under th-that i-is f-f-for m-my pl-plants a-a-and m-my books, a-and the-the b-bottom sh-shelf is-is j-just r-random th-things."