petunia

tw: brief mentions of insecurities about weight and body dysphoria (but it turns around and becomes positive)

joshua didn't get much sleep. his jeans were uncomfortable and it was difficult for him to sleep when the prettiest person he had ever seen was sleeping on top of him. not to mention that tyler talks in his sleep; that was also a factor. joshua found it cute, spending his time awake listening to tyler talk absolute nonsense.

at around four in the morning joshua is finally able to fall asleep. the sun is coming up and he can hear the birds but he's exhausted so he sleeps.

tyler is an early riser, no matter what day of the week it is. he's up by six every morning and he doesn't even need an alarm to wake him. joshua is startled when he's awoken at around ten after six.

he hates being woken up. that's the one thing that everyone in his family knows. no one can wake joshua up. but when tyler woke him up it was fine. he only got two hours of sleep but he was okay with it because it was tyler and he likes tyler.

"g-good m-m-mornin'," tyler yawned, stretching his arms above his head. he rubbed his eyes and hummed happily, snuggling back against joshua.

"did you sleep well?" joshua asked, ignoring the way he so desperately wanted to go back to sleep.

"mhm, sl-slept r-really w-w-well," tyler muttered as joshua rubbed his hand across his back in a comforting manner.

"me too." that wasn't true but joshua didn't want tyler to worry. he didn't sleep at all but it was okay. they were surrounded by a peaceful silence as they stared into each other's eyes with fond grins pulling at their lips.

a faint knock could be heard and tyler quickly untangled himself from joshua, going back to the opposite side of the bed as he made a noise of affirmation to whoever was knocking. kelly poked her head in and flipped the lights on, smiling at the two groggy teens.

"good morning," she spoke, voice soft and sweet. "if you boys don't have any plans for today i was thinking we could go to the waterpark since it's supposed to be nice out. i made breakfast so just come down when you're ready."

with that she was shutting the door behind her and tyler was pressed up against joshua once again.

"does she know we're, like, y'know, dating?" joshua asked, tyler shaking his head 'no' in response. that didn't upset him, he knew it was difficult and he would let tyler take all the time in the world as long as it meant he was comfortable.

"s-so... th-the w-waterpark?"

"i'm not doing anything all day so that's fine with me if you want," joshua shrugged.

"y-yeah, it-it s-s-sounds f-fun. we-we c-can g-go."

"i wanna kiss you right now but i'm gonna brush my teeth first so i don't have morning breath," joshua admitted and tyler giggled, pulling joshua with him as he made his way to the bathroom. he sifted through a cabinet and pulled out a brand new toothbrush for joshua, the pink haired boy smiling sheepishly because he could've just asked for one last night. they brushed their teeth standing next to each other, trying to hold back laughter at the funny faces they each made.

the moment they were finished with that joshua turned to tyler, placing a gentle hand on the back of the freckled boy's head as he pulled him closer until their lips were pressed together, trying to remember what felt the best from the night before.