dahlia

wait to start song!!!!

joshua couldn't sit still all day at school; he was more than excited to spend the afternoon with tyler. he planned the whole thing out and had his mom get things ready for him so when they got home he could grab what he needed and they could go on the walk. he wanted to take tyler through the trail in the woods behind his house. it led to a clearing with a pond and it was the perfect place to have a picnic.

once school ended joshua stood in the front of the school, eyes darting around in search of the freckled brunette, instead catching sight of his dark haired best friend jogging towards him.

"josh!" brendon called out, a bright smile on his face as he threw his arm around joshua's shoulder.

"hey," joshua chuckled and tried to figure out what brendon was going to ask. he only acted so peppy and happy when he had something to ask.

"it's been a while since we've hung out. are you free today?" there it was, the question.

"uh, i'm actually not," joshua said, and brendon frowned a bit at that.

"what're you doing?"

at that moment tyler came skipping over with a big grin that soon subsided with the sight of brendon.

"oh, hi tyler," brendon greeted and took a step away from joshua. tyler meekly waved and shuffled closer to his boyfriend, peering up at the pink haired boy with questioning eyes.

"i'm hanging out with tyler today," joshua spoke, observing the way brendon's smile faltered and he visibly tensed up.

"that's cool... i hope you have fun. see ya." and with that brendon was walking off, shoulders slumped, but joshua ignored it turned to tyler.

"y'ready?"

the ride back to joshua's house was quiet, laura trying to make small talk with no success as tyler would just make small noises in response and joshua was lost in a trance.

when they pulled into the driveway joshua quickly took his and tyler's backpacks inside, telling tyler to wait outside as he got the blanket and picnic basket that his mom had prepared for him.

"i was thinking we could go on a picnic, is that okay?" joshua questioned once he was outside with tyler, picnic materials in hand.

"th-that s-soun-sounds ama-amazing!" tyler gasped, smiling widely, his braces glinting in the sunlight and making him look even ethereal than normal.

[start song: i want to hold your hand by the beatles]

joshua held a shaky hand out and tyler stared at it like it was a foreign object. joshua chuckled lightly, "i want to hold your hand."

"oh!" tyler giggled, lacing his fingers together with joshua's, the two boys beginning their walk through the woods. the pink haired boy's whole body heated up as soon as his skin came in contact with tyler's and he was worried that his palms were too clammy. what if tyler never wanted to hold his hand again because his hands were too clammy.

in the midst of his panicking he dropped tyler's hand from his own and wiped his palm on his jeans, feeling horrible when he saw how hurt the brunette looked.