tulip

tyler struggled to keep a grip on his stuff as he raised a tiny fist to the door, knocking three times and dropping his sleeping bag as he did so. a few moments later mrs. dun was opening the door, helping tyler pick his belongings off of the ground.

"th-thank y-you," he said, scarsdale that he was making a bad impression. the last thing he wanted was for his boyfriend's parents to dislike him. "i-it's g-g-good to-to s-see y-you."

"you too, honey. josh is in his room, i'll call you two down when dinner is ready," laura spoke with a smile, tyler nodding and making his way to josh's room, dropping a few things on the way.

"j-josh, i-i'm c-c-coming in-in!" tyler called out as he kicked the door open, grinning widely at the sight of a shirtless joshua with pumpkin at his side. "d-do y-you e-ev-ever w-wear a-a sh-shirt w-when y-y-you're h-h-home?"

"not really," joshua chuckled as he pat the spot next to him on the bed. tyler giggled as he plopped his stuff on the ground and crawled onto the bed, cuddling against the boy's side as he rested his head on his bare chest. he placed a chaste kiss on joshua's collarbone and ran his nimble fingers through his hair which was now blonde.

"y-your h-hair is-is f-faded. i-i'm k-kinda l-l-liking th-the bl-blonde, th-though."

"really? i've been meaning to do my hair again, d'ya wanna help?"

"i-i'd l-love to-to." tyler brought his lips to joshua's, feeling closer to him than ever as his hand lay over joshua's heart, feeling the way his heartbeat picked up when their lips pressed together.

the kiss was slow and soft and tyler never wanted it to end. he knew that he and joshua kissed a lot, but it was so new to them, so taboo, and they both loved the closeness and intimacy it brought to their relationship. it was exciting and tyler loved the moments when he was kissing joshua— or just with joshua in general.

they had been so focused on each other that they didn't hear mrs. dun walk in, only noticing her presence when she cleared her through. they were quick to pull away, both of their faces bright red.

"i just came up to say that dinner is ready," she said, turning and walking away. joshua frantically pulled a shirt on and grabbed tyler's hand, walking with him into the kitchen and sitting at the table. it was just the two boys and mrs. dun— joshua's father and siblings were at the movies— and there was a tension between the three as they sat there, beginning to eat the pasta that was on their plates.

"i'm not mad at either of you," she broke the silence. "you have nothing to worry about, you don't need to make this awkward."

joshua sighed in relief because he was terrified that his mom was upset. tyler, on the other hand, was extremely worried that mrs. dun didn't like him. what if she didn't let tyler sleep over because she walked in on them kissing? the thought brought tears to his eyes and he sniffled, wiping them away before they could fall.

"ty, what's wrong?" joshua asked with a frown and draped an arm around tyler's shoulder.

"i-i'm s-sorry, m-mrs. d-dun, p-pl-please d-don't m-make me-me l-leave. i-i pr-promise w-we ar-aren't d-doing a-anything el-else."

"tyler, sweetheart, take a deep breath, calm down. i would never make you leave, okay? i trust you boys. you make joshua happy and that's all that matters. you have nothing to worry about."

tyler's breathing evened out and he nodded, keeping his head hung low as he continued eating his food. the rest of the dinner was fairly quiet and as soon as they were finished joshua was pulling tyler into the bathroom, shedding his shirt off once again and grabbing the hair bleaching kit from the cabinet.

"i just need to bleach my roots and then we can decide what color i should go with after that's done." joshua handed tyler the gloves, brush, and bleach, the younger boy looking at them in confusion.

"w-what d-do i-i d-d-do? i-i d-don't w-wanna m-mess it-it u-up."

"you can't do much to mess it up. just take this brush and dip it in the bleach and then just brush it over the roots of my hair where the brown has grown in. i'll help you through it," joshua instructed and tyler did as told, taking his own shirt off before they started in fear of getting bleach on one of his favorite shirts. he began to spread the bleach along joshua's hair, getting through it quickly. and as they let it sit for a half hour they sat in comfortable silence and just observed each other, taking in the way they felt safe in each others' presence.

tyler helped joshua wash the bleach out in the sink, the two boys falling into fits of laughter every time joshua's head would accidentally hit the faucet.

"do you think i should stay blonde?" joshua asked as he observed his hair in the mirror, turning to tyler to see his reaction.

"i-i r-r-really l-like it-it bl-blonde," tyler mumbled as he carded his fingers through the damp blonde curls, pressing their lips together in a short kiss.

"blonde it is," joshua agreed, watching the way tyler's doe eyes lit up in excitement.

they brushed their teeth and made their way back into joshua's room and tyler changed into his pajamas while joshua faced the opposite way and closed his eyes. joshua was already wearing sweatpants and decided that he didn't have to change so he crawled under the covers with tyler, shutting his light off and pulling tyler tightly against him, their legs tangling together as they held each other close. their goodnight kiss held so much emotion and both of the boys felt it, lips curling up into smiles as they kissed.

tyler decided that his favorite thing about their kisses was the way they were filled with nothing more than pure innocence, never holding anything but puppy love. it was special, tyler decided.

joshua was the first to fall asleep, soft breaths escaping his lips and lulling tyler to sleep. it was the best nights sleep either of them had had in a long time, their company providing a sense of security and serenity that they had never experienced before. they wished they could always feel that way.

•••

hi i love blonde josh with a passion

my life isn't very exciting at this point in time so i don't have much to say

i love you guys so much. stay safe and healthy for me and make sure to put yourself first.

i'm seeing ed sheeran on saturday yeehaw
-carina