daisy

it was around noon the next day when laura decided to take the two boys to the mall. on the ride there tyler and joshua sat squished up against one another, fingers tangled together as tyler rested his head on joshua's shoulder. they were quiet, enjoying the company they gave each other.

joshua was glad he allowed himself to accept his feelings. tyler brought light into his life and he didn't want to think about how things would be going if he hadn't been forced to ask him out. joshua was grateful for that game of zap!.

with his mother handing him money and bidding them goodbye tyler and joshua were walking into the mall hand-in-hand, ignoring the stares they were getting from passerbys.

"should we get ice cream first?" joshua asked, lips quirked into a smile as he watched tyler nod his head excitedly. the blonde haired boy pulled tyler alongside him into the ice cream shop, standing in front of the freezer display with all the different flavors, eyes wide in awe.

joshua ordered peppermint stick and tyler ordered cherry vanilla. they settled down at a small table in the corner, comfortable silence blanketing them as they happily ate the sweet treat.

"is yours good?" joshua questioned and quirked his eyebrows up.

"mhm, h-how ab-about y-y-yours?" tyler responded with a soft giggle and a smile that flashed the pink bands of his braces.

god, joshua was head-over-heels for tyler. from his warm doe eyes to his perfectly pouty, pink lips, to his mess of brown curls and the endearing dimples that were made known with every smile. tyler joseph was the epitome of beauty and joshua dun had never been more sure of anything in his life.

"y-you're st-staring." tyler broke joshua from his trance with a brush of his nimble fingers through the bleached hair on joshua's head, a hum slipping past his throat at how surprisingly soft his hair was despite the inevitable damage that had been caused by dye and bleach.

"sorry, you're just so beautiful," joshua whispered, fondness lacing through his words.

tyler's freckled cheeks dusted over with a flattering shade of pink at the compliment, head ducking bashfully.

"st-stop!"

"i'm just telling the truth!" joshua retorted with a chuckle, leaning over the table and lightly kissing the side of tyler's mouth.

the two boys were all smiles as they left the shop, stomachs full and ice cream lingering on their tongues. joshua observed their surroundings and when he deemed it appropriate he brought tyler's lips to his own. tyler seemed taken aback by the quick gesture but didn't fight against it, melting into joshua's touch. it was almost like he was ice and joshua was the heated fingertips grasping onto the ice, letting the cold water drip down their skin.

joshua smiled as he pulled away because tyler was sweet; sweeter than usual with the taste of cherry vanilla on his lips. joshua wanted more but they were in public so he stopped himself.

"where do you wanna go next?" joshua was swinging their interlocked hands between their bodies.

"it-it's u-up t-t-to y-you," tyler shrugged. the blonde playfully rolled his eyes and pulled tyler towards the candy store. he wanted to know if tyler could get any sweeter. he didn't think it was possible but he wanted to test it out.

they bought about twenty dollars worth of candy which sounds like a lot, but twenty dollars only gets you so much at an expensive candy store.

they found a place to sit in a lounge off the men's bathroom in the high end of the mall— where lounges in bathrooms were expected— and planted themselves there, finding the area to be desolate and private enough for their liking. people rarely came to that bathroom. they just wanted to spend the half hour until laura was scheduled to pick them up in peace, just the two of them without interruptions. they wanted to cuddle and talk and just goof around.

they found themselves tossing gummy bears into each other's mouths, counting how many they could catch in a row. joshua was winning. tyler wasn't very good at it.

they fell into a fit of laughter when joshua accidentally hit tyler's eye, leaning into one another for support as they clutched their stomachs. joshua stole a quick kiss from tyler and he was astonished to discover that yes, tyler did, in fact, get sweeter. the blonde could taste gummy bears on his lips.

when laura arrived the boys made their way back to the car with their fingers still laced together. they resumed their previous position in the backseat as tyler rested his body against joshua's. this time joshua pressed occasional kisses to tyler's forehead, carding his fingers through those chocolate waves he would never get tired of.

he would never get tired of tyler. period, end of story. there was never a dull moment when they were together. even in situations that would normally be considered as "boring" joshua always felt like he was on the edge of his seat, wanting, needing, more. he loved the time they spent together.

joshua dun would never get bored of tyler joseph.

•••

sorry it's been a while!!! i apologize that this chapter is kinda short

i've been busy! i was sick this week blah

my life is uneventful
-carina