Chapter 2: Saving South Island

Now, in case you don't know, Mobius is made up of five gigantic islands: North, South, East, West, and Central. Most of Mobius' population lives on these islands. Aside from those five huge islands, the planet is mostly made up of water. If you search the ocean, you'd probably find a small island occasionally. But for the most part the only visible islands from outer space are the five main islands.

Getting back to our tale, Robotnik was soaring over Green Hill Zone in his Robo-Matic. He pressed a button on the intercom and said into it:

"Attention all units! Priority Number One is heading your way! Be on your guard!"

Robotnik flew over several of his other robots. He called them his minions, but all the other Mobians referred to them as "Badniks". The Badniks were created from scratch, while a lot of the Doctor's other robots, specifically the larger ones, were created by Roboticization. We'll explain more about that later down the line.

There were lots of different types of Badniks, ranging from Motobugs, bugs shaped like ladybugs with a wheel on the bottom, Buzz Bombers, bee-like machines with turrets where the stingers would be, and a variety of others. All the robots turned around and pulled out their weapons, ready to face whatever was coming.

A bright blue streak zoomed down the plains of the zone and straight towards the opposing entities. The source of the streak, of course, was Sonic. He was running at his top speed with a ready, and kind of psychotic, grin on his face.

"Alright, clankers. Let's have some fun..."

Sonic jumped into the air, curled into a ball, and somersaulted into a Buzz Bomber, sawing it in half. The mechanical pollinator let loose some electric sparks from both its sides and exploded. All the remaining pieces flew all over the place.

Sonic, still curled up, hurled himself into a Motobug, landing on top of it and bouncing off. The "lady" bug received a huge gash in its back, releasing more electric sparks. It then tipped over on its side and burst into flames.

Sonic landed on his feet right on the edge of the pathway, looking over the water below. He heard a whoosh and leapt into the air, doing a back-flip over the Balkiry, a bird-shaped plane-like robot, that tried to get him from behind. He then kicked it right in its thrusters, screwing them up and sending the bird rocketing into the water with a SPLASH.

Sonic landed again, surrounded by an unheard of number of Badniks, and said:

"Thanks for the fun time, guys! We should do it again soon!"

He then took off, plowing through several more Badniks and sending them flying. Sonic just laughed as he approached the trademark shuttle loop of the Green Hill Zone. He, running at full speed of course, reached the loop and went through it, going up, upside down, and then down again. He then sped onwards towards the next zone.

*************************************************************************************

Sonic struggled to keep his balance on the green block floating across the lava inside the underground dungeon. Marble Zone wasn't as fast as he hoped for. In the last zone he was at least able to run at his fastest. Now, he was tightroping over lava NOT on a tightrope!

He had to be extremely careful, as he could slip off very easily. He briefly looked at his wrist-device, a portable model of his personal supercomputer Nicole, to see his ring counter. Now, Golden Rings are very easy to find on Mobius. The energy from these golden rings harvested by Nicole creates an invisible shield that protects Sonic from getting killed. Of course, every time he's hit, the shield breaks and all the energy goes spurting all over the place. Sonic currently had at least 60 rings.