Chapter 10: One Small Step for Hedgehog

"Okay, Metal. We're going to test your strength. You should be the strongest badnik I've ever created! Sonic will crumble to your knees once you're ready to face him. Now, find a tough guy on the island and take him on! Let's see how strong you really are!"

The machine hid in the bushes, scanning for his target. Through his crimson vision, he moved a branch aside with his metallic, very sharp claws and scanned the area near him, but couldn't see his target. The entity then moved the branch back, removing him from sight of anyone out there.

Said target was Anton Beruka, the strongest Mobian on West Island. Metal had to prove to his creator that he was the greatest badnik created and would be the answer to killing Sonic the Hedgehog once and for all. If he could overpower Anton, then he would be worthy. Of course, Metal knew Anton had two partners: Mad Beruka and Emmo Scallee. But, even if they intervened, nothing would make a difference. Anton, and Anton only, was his target.

Anton strolled on down the fields of the island, unaware of Metal hiding in the bush ahead. Metal peered through the bush, focusing on the reptilian muscle.

TARGET IN SIGHT

As Anton approached the bush, Metal stared directly at him with his red, emotionless eyes. As he passed the bush, Anton heard a branch snap from inside. Feeling that there was no conceivable way what was in the bush could do anything to him, the lizard started blabbering.

"Oh, boy. I have no idea where that yellow monstrosity went. It's not like, *gasp*, he's hiding in this bush to avoid taking responsibility for DROWNING HALF THE ISLAND!"

Anton leaned straight into the bush and began screaming into what he thought was Tails' face.

"WHAT THAT BLUE BOY SAID MEANS NOTHING! IT'S NOT BULLYING IF IT'S RIGHT! AND WHAT IS RIGHT IS THAT THIS FAILED EXCUSE OF A MOBIAN BE PROPERLY EXPOSED, ABOR-"

As the reptile shouted this, he savagely reached his right arm into the bush to grab whatever was inside. Once he did, however, he was completely caught off guard by something grabbing onto his arm, with a grip tighter than a hydraulic press. He then heard a deep, monotone voice:

ATTACK TARGET

The grip on Anton's arm then suddenly pulled forward, and a loud CRACK sounded as the bully's arm was pulled clean off. Anton screamed in pain as he then stumbled backward away from the bush and fell on his back to the group. The thing then emerged from the bush, with Anton's severed arm in its left hand. It, which Anton could not make out in much detail aside from the color cyan due to the massive pain, then dropped the arm and slowly marched towards him. It plopped itself on top of the reptile, weighing so much that it nearly felt as if a couch had landed on him.

"What the-? GAH! GET OFF!"

Anton desperately tried to push the thing off, but due to only having one arm and the thing's sturdiness, his efforts were futile. He then felt two metallic hands grab his head, one on the top of his skull and the other on his jaw, latch on tightly. They then began to squeeze and he felt sharp claw-like substances pierce through his skin.

"AAAH! HELP! GRAAAA-"

The thing, abruptly and effortlessly, twisted Anton's neck. A loud SNAP was heard, as Anton's head turned to the right WAY too much for his neck to handle. As the reptile's breaths quickly weakened, the thing got up to its feet. The last thing Anton ever saw, was the thing's foot heading straight towards his head. He felt one hard impact on his face, and everything went to black.

TARGET TERMINATED

*************************************************************************************