Chapter 7: Robotnik's Next Move

"I MUST OBTAIN THAT BLASTED EMERALD FOR MY NEXT MOVE!!!"

Robotnik was angry. It had been one week since Sonic foiled his attempt to drill through West Island and he STILL couldn't find the Chaos Emerald. Ever since he first found Mobius on June 23, 2091, he wanted to roboticize the whole planet into the ultimate weapon. And... you already know that, don't you? If you read Chapter 1, which you most likely have, you'd already know his intentions.

Robotnik wiped his dark glasses with his red shirt and noticed one of his robots nearby. It was completely engulfed in darkness, but its red, sinister eyes could be seen. Upon seeing it, Robotnik very quickly cheered up and said:

"On a lighter note, my newest creation is near complete!"

Robotnik hopped out of his chair and walked over to the robot.

"Oh, Metal... you're my crowning achievement! Of all the robotic minions I've created, you are the strongest, smartest, most agile, faste--- no, wait. That part isn't complete. But once it is, that blue hedgehog will be BEGGING FOR MERCY!!!"

Then, another one of Robotnik's minions, Scratch (who was a robot chicken), came up behind Robotnik and blurted directly into his ear:

"DOCTOR RO*CLUCK*NIK! I HAVE SOME GOOD NEWS FOR YOU!!"

Yeah... Scratch wasn't constructed right. Not only did he speak in probably the most annoying voice you could imagine, but unlike Robotnik's other robots, who are mindless, ruthless warriors, Scratch was a complete idiot who had only 1% of combat experience. The reason he's not 0% is because he, along with a Grounder (a mole-based robot with a drill for a nose), constantly set up traps to catch Sonic (most of the time when they're instructed not to), and 100% of the time fail.

Robotnik spun like a top around to face Scratch and yelled:

"I TOLD YOU NOT TO SNEAK UP ON ME A MILLION TIMES!!! WHAT DO YOU WANT?!?!?"

Scratch stumbled backwards and said:

"WELL... WE HAVEN'T FOUND THE CHAOS EMERALD...."

Scratch instantly saw Robotnik's face turn from grumpy to super grumpy. He continued:

"BUT... WE'VE FOUND A POSSIBLE ALTERNATIVE: THE TIME STONES!"

Robotnik suddenly gained an expression of fascination. He scratched his chin and said:

"Time Stones? Please keep going."

Scratch explained:

"LITTLE PLANET APPEARS TO BE OVER NEVER LAKE THIS NOVEMBER! THE TIME STONES ARE SAID TO RESIDE ON IT. IF YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON EVEN JUST ONE OF THEM, YOU COULD CONTROL TIME!"

Robotnik was completely intrigued.

"Never Lake... huh. I never thought you would actually give me a decent idea! Great work, Scratch!"

Robotnik then ran straight to the control room and searched Never Lake. He then set the ships coordinates to Central Island. He said:

"Oh, boy! With these 'Time Stones', I'll finally take over Mobius! Then I will go and conquer Earth, then the ENTIRE GALAXY! WA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA....."

While Robotnik was laughing like a madman, that Grounder I mentioned earlier came in and accidentally poked Robotnik in his left leg.

"HA HA--- OW!!!!!"