Chapter 6: The Prediction

Rosy had read her tarot cards' prediction on where she would meet her one true love. It was an incredibly complicated process that I won't go into detail here. This is "Sonic The Hedgehog", NOT "Tarot for Dummies". Read THAT if you need the knowledge on Tarot reading.

But, to put it simple: the cards predicted that Rosy would encounter the one who "would be there for her" on November 19. The cards also stated that they would be on Little Planet when they meet. They didn't specify who exactly she would meet.

Now, since you newbies are most likely lost on the "Little Planet" thing, Little Planet is a small planet nearly 1/8 the size of Mobius (Earth is 1/2 of Mobius' size). It, according to legend, appears over Never Lake, which is located at the center of Central Island, for one random month of the year. No one knows where it disappears to for the other eleven months.

Either way, Rosy would find the one who would choose to look out for her on Little Planet in 1 and a half weeks. She was excited, but also a little nervous on who she would meet. It could be Sonic, but it could also be someone else. Nonetheless, she'd have to get to Central Island in time.

Sadly, there was barely a cheap way to traverse the different islands. Rosy didn't have much currency, so she couldn't pay for a boat trip. And, although she could swim okay, she would get tired fast and it would take her FOREVER to reach Central Island!

Her only option at the moment was to take her hand-crafted car, the Breeze, and hopefully find a bridge with a road to Central Island. So, she dressed herself in a green shirt, blue sneakers and orange skirt, and pulled the Breeze out of the small shack behind her house. The car's primary color was blue, as well as yellow around the tires. The bumper on the front was silver and the driving seat was dark green and brown.

She had not driven the car for a long time. One month, maybe more. However, she was confident that the car still worked. She wiped off the dust, sat down in the driver's seat, wrapped a long strand of duct tape around her to serve as the seat belt, and started the Breeze. The motor turned on and made a loud HUM sound.

Rosy pressed down on the pedal and the car proceeded forward at a maximum of 20 mph. That was NOWHERE NEAR as fast as Sonic, but it was certainly better than nothing. The Breeze drove through the grass away from the house and towards whatever Rosy could find to get to Central Island.

*************************************************************************************

The Tornado was just approaching South Island. Sonic was standing on top of the left wing with Tails sitting in the cockpit. Sonic was guiding Tails on where to fly to get to the hideout.

"Alright, Tails! Just turn right here and fly around the edge of the island until you see the open garage! There's a long enough runway for you to land safely!"

Tails did exactly as told. Despite having only one operating hand, the fox managed to steer the plane back into Sonic's hideout. The Tornado landed on the runway and continued moving forward, until Tails applied the brake. The plane gradually slowed and finally stopped at the end of the runway.

Sonic leapt from the wing and Tails hopped down from the cockpit. Sonic told the young fox:

"Welcome to my secret hideout, buddy!"

Sonic took Tails into the main room. The fox was in awe at the sight of the room he was in. He looked around and saw a large supercomputer, a couch, and tons of other stuff.

Sonic sat down on the couch with his buddy. Tails asked:

"Hey, Sonic? When can we start taking on Robotnik?"

Sonic said:

"Once your arm fully heals. If Robotnik causes trouble during these three weeks, I'll leave you here for now. But, once you have two arms again, I assure you we'll be unstoppable!"

Sonic simply pat Tails on the head and laid him down on the couch.

"Right now, however, you need some rest. If you need anything, you can ask me, or my supercomputer Nicole. Alright?"

Tails nodded. He then closed his eyes and drifted off into sleep. Sonic just smiled looking at his friend at comfort on the couch. He then remembered what happened with Tail's parents. Speaking of which, who WERE his parents?

Sonic asked his computer:

"Nicole, research the Prower family please."

It took her several seconds, but she pulled up the info Sonic was looking for on Tails' parents. This was what Nicole found:

"TOM PROWER - BORN NOVEMBER 21, 2063 - CURRENT STATUS: UNKNOWN

JANE PROWER - BORN FEBRUARY 2, 2065 - CURRENT STATUS: UNKNOWN

MILES PROWER - BORN FEBRUARY 4, 2084 - CURRENT STATUS: ALIVE

NOTES: TOM IS KNOWN TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR AN INFAMOUS INCIDENT ON WEST ISLAND. OCCURRING ON SEPTEMBER 19, 2090, THE INCIDENT RESULTED IN HALF OF THE ISLAND BEING FLOODED. NOT ALL THE MAJOR DETAILS ARE KNOWN YET, BUT TONS OF DAMAGE WAS CAUSED FROM IT. ONE DAY AFTER THE INCIDENT OCCURRED, THE PROWER RESIDENCE WAS BURNED DOWN. TOM AND JANE HAVE NOT BEEN HEARD FROM SINCE, WHILE MILES IS KNOWN TO BE ALIVE."

Sonic was surprised by what he read. Tails' father nearly drowned West Island! And because of it, poor Tails ended up alone and has constantly been harassed ever since. Sonic, however, felt that Tails' parents, who might in fact be still alive, could find a way to redeem themselves... if they can be found. It wouldn't be an easy redemption, but with Tails as his new sidekick, Sonic felt he could possibly give a good reputation to the Prower name again.

Sonic looked back at sleepy Tails and said softly:

"Don't worry, buddy. Once you and I take down Robotnik, we'll find your mom and dad."

Sonic then entered the treasure room and took another glance at the green Chaos Emerald.

"Let's just hope Robotnik's next move doesn't involve getting this emerald..."