05 | s h a y l a

A/N: Lol sadly since I switched around the chapter so much, I had to re-plan almost every other chapter and even completely scratch some, so now I'm kind of playing damage control. Please bear with me while I try to get this shit back on track 😂

ELLIOT

No one ever formally introduced us to each other before the party, and I totally do not have the guts to strike up a conversation with this woman myself.

Hacking her Facebook was relatively easy though. Her password was literally 'iheartpuppies101'

I mean... Really?

Her conversations are very limited, there's one here between her and her friend Mary who I believe is the woman I saw in her apartment last night. She looks eccentric, and definitely seems to be Bes' best friend.

Bes Jackson likes Ed Sheeran, Radical Face (a/n: if you can pick up the reference between the title of this book and this band then i applaud you.) Brand New, Marina and the Diamonds, Misterwives and other.. strange bands. She likes dogs, pandas, and tigers. Hates math and she definitely hates Donald Trump.

Bes definitely doesn't seem to be someone who is full of herself, from what I can tell. Actually it seems as though she tries to have all attention off of her as much as possible; a really under the radar kind of person.

I don't like that.

The itch in the back of my brain is telling me to dig deeper, and if it were any other day I would.

Until then, It's time to meet Shayla.

Once I lock my door, I turn around and the one person who I would really rather not be standing there, is. Bes.

I try to look away and pretend I didn't see her but then she begins to dig in her purse for something.

Her phone.

I see her wave to me and then I hear, "Hey Elliot. How's it going?"

I wish she wouldn't ask me that. I don't want to lie to her.

I can't tell this perfectly perfect stranger that I'm about to go into Shayla's apartment and buy drugs.

"Nothing." I state as if it's a fact she should know. I try not to add too much emotion to my voice so she doesn't pick up on anything.

She is a psychology major after all.

Bes nods but she looks disappointed. All of a sudden I hear Shayla's door open and Bes's eyes go wide.

"Heyyyy, Elliot." The sultry woman behind me coos.

I really don't know if I exactly like Shayla, and I'm pretty sure I just tolerate her for the drugs. I mean, the sleeping with her part is really for my own entertainment and I'm trying to make her feel a little more comfortable with our arrangement.

"Shayla." I spit out quickly, then look at Bes. I don't exactly know what kind of face she is making right now but it is not good.

"Who's this?" Shayla questions as she leans up against her door frame casually in.. Oh God, what is that she's wearing? Looks like.. My work shirt and just.. Hello Kitty panties?

This is embarrassing.

Bes begins typing and responds, "Hi, I'm Bes. Nice to meet you." Then, proceeds to stick her hand out for Shayla to shake.

Shayla stares down at Bes's extended hand and chuckles as I just stand here.. awkwardly, to be completely honest.

Bes looks taken aback but Shayla replies with, "Do you wanna smoke with us?"