09 | m o r p h i n e

BES

Honestly, I freaked the fuck out.

As soon as I saw him crumpled up in the fetal position on my kitchen floor, I dropped all of my shit on the ground and ran.

I sit down next to the groaning man and turn his face towards me, hoping the surprised expression on my face would prompt him to explain himself. He just stared blankly up at me for a minute, winced and then passed the fuck out.

How lovely.

• • •

I checked out Elliot's body to make sure there wasn't any injuries, because why else would he be in my house looking like he was in pain?

I found nothing, so I then tried looking for some other symptoms that he was having.

Loud groaning and moaning, check.

Sweating profusely. Unfortunately, check.

This dude looked like he was going to hyperventilate and die on my floor.

I started shaking him aggressively, because what other options did I have? Call the police? How?

"Ughh," Elliot groaned. I continue: to shake him, and honestly at that point I was about to slap him in the face.

"B-Bessss?" He opened up his left eye and I nodded.

"I....didnnnnn't know when you'd be homeee so I kinda jussss let myself in." He mumbled out, as if each word he utters caused him terrible pain.

I stood up quickly and started looking for my phone, then spotted it exactly where I dropped it when I noticed Elliot was here in the first place.

I picked it up and walked back to the sorry excuse for a human in front of me.

"Should I call the police?"

"Wha? No!" Elliot shouted and tried to sit up.

"Well, first off you're breaking and entering. Second, you're not exactly explaining what's going on with you and you could be dying for all I know, so I think maybe I should call the police."

Elliot continued to shake his head.

"What the fuck do you want then?"

I don't know if I've said this before, but I wish I could adjust the tone of the robotic voice on my phone because not being able to express how angry I was with the situation was quite difficult, so I had to do it with facial expressions instead.

And if looks could kill, he'd would have be dead already.

"N-nooo, please, let me explain." He mumbled, and reached for my hand.

"Fine. Explain. Now."

----

Extremely short chapter, but I wanted to post something in this story since I haven't in a little while. I'll update with a longer chapter soon.