12 | r o n n i e

double update, woo woo!

Ronnie. The name feels like a poisoned knife cutting my throat.

My father's murderer.

I think it's about time I explain to you.. well, everything.

Why I'm mute. Why I hate drugs. Why I resent my mother, and why I feel like a piece of shit lying to my brother.

I was there that night.

And I saw it all happen.

FLASHBACK (NO ONES POV)

"Mario, please hurry back! Dinner is almost ready, love." Penelope Jackson called out to her husband whom she adored.

The tall, strong, dark skinned and dark haired man nodded his head and headed out the door to go take care of.. his business.

Mario Jackson loved his children, deeply. That's why he was willing to do anything to keep them happy, especially because his own parents had done such for him.

Although they were immigrants and were extremely poor, they blessed him endless love and support. And that was all he ever felt he needed.

They were there for him even when he dropped out of school - quickly helping him to build himself back up emotionally and then, they were overjoyed with the news of both of Penelope's pregnancies - ready and willing to help at any moment.

Because he was without a diploma, construction jobs and factory work were the only ways he could provide for his family.. until he found this little side job.

Selling crack was never what he imagined for his future. He always thought that he was going to play it straight, keep his nose clean and be a good role model for his children.

But then, Penelope's hospital bills were racking up. David was growing so fast that he needed new clothes every month and definitely school supplies for the new year.

The thing that broke the camel's back was that his baby girl, Bes, needed shoes. And he couldn't get them for her.

Bes was the apple of his eye, light of his life. Of course David was loved just as much, but Bes.. Bes was close to his heart. When she came out of her mother looking like him, he was more than overjoyed.

Neither Mario or Penelope noticed Bes follow him out of the door that night.

With no car, Mario was walking everywhere. Praying to God that no police stopped him.

Bes followed behind him carefully, avoiding alerting him to her presence.

He turned down a corner, into a dark alleyway and Bes silently plotted about how she was going to scare him, and they'd both laugh so hard.

In torn up tiny shoes, she stood behind the concrete wall peering into the alleyway, but remaining completely hidden from her father.

Bes noticed a man who looked like her father begin walking down the alleyway, stopping in front of Mario.

Few words are exchanged.

A small baggie passes from Mario's hand to the other man's.

She questioned what it was, but remained silent.

The two men say nothing, until the stranger raises his voice and starts shouting.

"Give me the fucking money, Mario!"

"I can't, I can't do it Ronnie. My Bes, she-she needs shoes. Do you know how bad that makes me feel as a father to know I can't give her those?"

"I don't give a flying fuck what you can and can't give her. Give me the money or the only thing you'll give her is a funeral to attend to." Ronnie spat back viciously.