Cards

Artemis's POV

I sat next to Danny and he seemed to be doing a lot better than yesterday when we rescued him. His bruises were gone, as well as the small cuts. His wrist is still healing and he has a chest wound.

I awkwardly sat there since everyone else was busy, and Danny was dozing off into sleep.

"You know it's okay to fall asleep." I smirked at him and he looked at me tiredly.

Geez how much sleep did he get before?

"No, I-I'm fine." he yawned.

"Uh Danny right? You need sleep, it'll make you heal faster," I scooted closer and he sighed.

"Y-yea, I-I have f-fast healing." he looked down.

I kinda miss his smile.

"But you still need sleep." I insisted.

"I-I've tried... T-twice, t-they're always in my dreams and t-they b-become nightmares." he said with a shaky breath.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" I asked gently.

"T-thanks, I-I'm fine." he said reassuringly, but I didn't believe him.

"So you don't want to sleep right?" I asked with a small smile.

He nodded tiredly.

"How about some card games, you don't move at all and you can stay awake." I got up and grabbed a deck or two of cards.

"O-okay." he smiled and I came back with a large blanket for him as well.

He wrapped it around him like a cacoon and it made me laugh a little.

------------------

For hours we played war, pounce, garbage, he even made me do 52 pick up which was a new low -_-... But it was actually kinda fun.

I walked away knowing he'd be sleeping soon and I grabbed a water bottle.

"Hey Artemis, you left a dead body on the couch." Robin walked in casually.

I looked over and saw Danny sleeping soundlessly on the couch still wrapped in a blanket.

"A job well done." I smirked and Robin rolled his eyes playfully.

I walked over and noticed it was almost two in the morning. No wonder no one else is up.

I sat next to Danny and laid my legs on the coffee table and turned on the TV.

I knew Danny would wake up with a nightmare, so I don't want him to be alone, just being a good friend.

I turned on my favorite show: Once Upon A Time and caught up on the latest episodes of the last season.

Where hook let's Emma go back to the living world without him making me emotionally unstable at the moment.

"God dammit hook! Don't you fucking dare!" I started to tear up as he held Emmas hand when she was raised up by the elevator in the underworld.

This show got me fucked up. I sighed and turned the TV off as the episode ended, and looked down at the sleeping boy and with relief he looked calm and not in pain or fear.