Time To Train

"Has anyone noticed that Danny's been gone more?" Wally walked in the living room.

"Little bit, do you know why?" Artemis sat up from the couch.

Robin was slipping out of the room silently until Wally zoomed over and stopped him.

"You know something?" Wally smirked.

"No, Batman called me in to the batcave," Robin lied.

Wally believed him and Robin walked out normal and went to the training room and saw Danny in Phantom form training.

He had a tight black muscle tank top with his normal pants and combat boots of his uniform as phantom on.

Batman and red arrow where on the sideline watching calmly.

"Focus Daniel. Use your inner power." Clockwork said as he blocked one of Danny's attacks as he spin kicked at the time master.

"So Clockwork is Danny's mentor now?" Robin stood by his mentor, Batman nodded.

"When Clockwork feels that Danny is ready. He will be the next time master." batman said calmly.

Robin felt something inside him, pity? Sentiment? This kid is only 15 and is being trained to be he master of time, and maybe more.

That's a huge responsibility, but Robin felt he wasn't being told something, something big....

Danny put up a ecto shield to block an attack from clock work. He got rid of the shield and was about to strike at Clockwork but froze in mid air as he reached for his mentor.

"That was more than unfair clockwork." Danny flipped from the invisible grip with a grin on his face.

"I think the time medallion is broken clockwork." Danny panted as he was sweating.

"I didn't give you one Daniel. Due to your training with me, my time element energy is wearing off on you and freezing time will not effect you in time when your training becomes more advanced." Clockwork floated over to him.

"Oh... Wow..." Danny said a little unsure.

He walked out and Roy followed him to see if his brother was alright.

"What's the matter?" Roy crossed his arms.

"I don't know... Clockwork, I don't know if me as his apprentice is the best idea." Danny sighed.

"Meaning..." Roy raised an eyebrow.

"Meaning with how unstable I am mentally. If I can handle that much of a responsibility, time itself Roy? That's bigger than a city to protect, and-and all that power. I don't know if I'm strong enough to keep time balanced." Danny bowed his head down shamefully.

"Your right, it is a big responsibility. And you are just a kid Danny." Roy put a hand on his shoulder.

"But you said that that clockwork always says everything will work out in time right?" Roy asked.

Danny nodded.

"Then your the time apprentice and its meant to be. The man that knows everything knows who's right for what job, and he chose you Danny." Roy smiled.

"But what if I mess up? What if the guys and white get me again and I can't protect the time lines, and throw the world into chaos." Danny explained.

"That's not going to-"

"yes it will Roy, when clockwork ceased to exist, I become the next time master and if I'm not ready or if I'm not here then the world, the timeline, the ghost zone, it will all be chaos." Danny snapped seriously.

"Cease to exist?" Roy asked confused.

"Ghost can't die like humans, they cease to exist. But with an ancients, they don't bleed ectoplasm. They are killed otherwise they live until someone does kill them, they fade when they are killed." Danny explained.

"Danny..." Roy didn't know what to say.

He sighed and pulled his brother in a hug.

"It's going to get tough Danny. I don't know how or when but just know I'll always be here for you. We're all the family we have left, I'm never leaving you again." Roy rubbed dannys back and Danny put his face in the ginger archers shoulder and hugged back.

"I'm never making that mistake again." Roy thought to himself.