What Was That?

As Danny unleashed his ghostly wail, some of his wounds healed as well. But not all it.

The agents were pushed back and were knocked out. After thirty more seconds, the wail died down and Danny gasped for a breath. And then fell to unconsciousness. But Roy quickly ran to his brothers aid, completely ignoring Maddie.

Danny changed back into his human half, since he didn't have to collar on holding him back from doing so.

"Robin? I got Danny. Artemis is shot, and Dannys unconscious." Roy said through a ear piece.

"We'll be at your location soon." Robin said back.

"Get. Back." Roy didn't turn around to see Maddie walking over carefully.

"But is it really you Roy?" Maddie asked.

"Yes," he growled.

She saw the boy with black hair in his arms and a tear ran down her face.

"I haven't seen him like that for a long time." she whispered.

"Then why? WHY DID YOU DO ALL THE THINGS YOU DID TO YOUR SON?!?!" Roy roared at Maddie holding Danny closer to himself.

"You wouldn't understand Roy. He's one of a kind. He's the only halfa, and were not letting something so rare slip from us." She sighed.

Danny eyes flutter opened and leaned into his brother touch. He saw Maddie and immediately put up an ecto dome around him, Roy, and Artemis.

He struggled to breath as he tried to keep the shield up and Roy was confused why he was trying so hard.

"Danny. She won't hurt you. Madeline would have to go through me first." Roy glared behind him.

"N-no, w-watch out," Danny wheezed and a loud crash into the dome almost cracked it.

He looked up and saw Jack with a bazooka and with the last of Dannys remaining strength he shot the weapon into pieces. The blacked out once again.

Roy set Danny down and got in a fighting position with his bow ready to launch an arrow.

"I swear I'll kill you for hurting him." Roy said with hatred in his voice.

"Mads! Did you see what phantom did before? The experiments we could do-" Jack was cut off by an arrow flying past his head.

"Don't even think about it." Roy snarled and the bio ship landed by them.

Robin, Aqualad, and Kid Flash ran out and Roy nodded at Kid Flash. He quickly ran past the adults, knocking them down and punched them hard enough to knock them out.

"The poisons not deadly," Robin looked at Artemis's wound.

"But she does need medical attention." He finished.

"Both of them will." Roy picked up Danny and Aqualad picked up Artemis.

------------------

Danny woke up with a panicky gasp seeing the room dark reminding him of his cell. But the lights turned on and he saw he was in a medical room. He looked around and saw Artemis on a bed reading a book.

"That bullet hurt like a bitch by the way." She flipped the page.

"Y-you a-alright though?" He struggled to sit up.

"I'm fine, you on the other hand. What was that wail thing you did? I was barely awake, but I saw it." She closed the book.

"I c-call it a ghostly w-wail, my most p-powerful attack." he rubbed the back of his head and noticed he was physically mostly healed.

"Nice." she said casually.

"Everyone's sleeping by the way. I was already awake, so I just stayed in here just incase you woke up." she looked at him still in her uniform.

"Thanks." he sighed and looked down.

"You okay?" She asked gently.

"No..." He whispered.

"Shut it you abomination, no ones going to save you, no one would ever waste their time to care for a freak like you,"

Maddie a words rang through his head and he put his head in his hands.

"Why?" He asked Artemis who looked at him confused.

"Why did y-you guys come t-to save me? Why waste your t-time," he hugged himself.

His side and shoulder burned from the fight before.

"Me and Roy may not get along, but he loves you Danny. Roy would do anything for you." Artemis said gently.

"W-why did you then?" He asked quietly.

"Because no one deserves to be treated like that, and your my friend, and friends help friends." she said in a serious tone.

"Don't think your a waste of time." She walked over and put a hand on his shoulder.

He looked up at her with his icy bright blue eyes that had a spark in them.

"Thanks Artemis." he said with a gently smile and a rosy blush ran across her face, but her mask hid it.

"Y-you should get some rest." she said quickly.

"You too then." he told her.

She walked back to the medical bed and laid down on her side that didn't have the bullet wound and Danny laid on his back with soft breaths.

"Night Dan-" she was cut off by seeing Danny already passed out of exhaustion with a soft snore.

"Night Danny." she smiled and fell asleep herself.