CHAPTER 4

Izaya's pov

After my statememt he just murmured some curse words and went to the exit "You should be here in 2 hours..." I reminded him "I will you little fuck!" He did not seem really happy "Well, bye bye~"

Now, what do I do for two hours considering the fact that I can't move? One might ask why I told Shizu-chan to move in soo fast... maa, when he was talking about my smelly bin I got a message from my, now previous, not interesting at all caretaker in which she said she couldn't come for an uncertain period of time because of health problems. She is an elderly person and I heard her complaining about this subject so she must have told the truth. When she came she always cooked and even intended to help me wash myself but I always declined.

For the moment I was really bored but then I had an ideea. Out of nowhere I thought that I should call Tanak Tom-san about my deal with his bodyguard. If Shizu-chan told him first he might spout some big and unfonded lies. I just searched his phone number and called it~

"Hello...! This is Tanaka Tom." I heard from the other side
"Hi, this is Orihara Izaya and I don't think we have had a full conversation yet. What can I say, ioroshiku onegaishimas!"
"Orihara... Izaya... so Shizuo really smelled you in Kyoto... You called me to send my bodyguard to jail or make him pay your health reasurance?"
"Your sarcasm amazes me Tanaka-san, you really are interesting judging by the fact that I dig a little in your past~" Shizu-chan has been spending time with such an interesting person I am jalous.
"Now if you want to tell me the reason why you called me I would be delighted."
"I'll tell you this, Shizuo ran through the city, knocked me down, destroyed a very valuable possesion of mine and in exchange of his carelessness he must be my assistant from now on because he can't pay for what he broke~"
"W-whait a minute... HE ACCEPTED TO BE YOUR ASSISTANT! Is he out of his mind, are you, Orihara-san out of your mind! You were trying to kill each other just a year ago and now... this?"
"Lets say he is cornered in this 'contract'~"
"So you called to tell me that he..."
"Exactly, he is now working with me so obviously he has to leave his previos job..."
"How can I believe you? You are not that trustworthy, you know?"
"I swear I am telling the truth~"
"Well if it is true, I can't say I wouldn't miss him... he is my friend and if he chose this I can't be in his way... I would like to see Shizuo once more though..."
" Dont be sad Tanaka-san he is on his way to you plus, our deal included me getting you a new bodyguard~"
"What?"
"Yes, I'll send you Jessie-chan! You know, that girl you had a crush when you were in high-school! She works as a bodyguard now, luckily she is unemployed at the moment... I'll call her to tell her about this, what do you think?"
"How did you... oh, you're still an informant broker. Well, before I end the call, I am really looking forward to seing how your relationship developes!"

With these words he hung up leaving me a little confused. My plan was to enjoy seing the brute in various positions not to develop our full of hatered relationship! Whatever... now which anime am I going to watch next...

Tom's pov

After I hung up I got lost in thoughts. I really didn't know what to think. Of course they hate each other but... Shizuo at least is not himself when talking about the 'flea' as he likes to call the info broker. He would let rage burst out of him at first only to comment about how lonley the informant is in the end... but if he could deal with this without ripping  Izaya in half I think this cohoperation might work. I kind of always wanted my, now former, bodyguard to shake hands with the so called flea and to start a peaceful life like he always wanted!
Plus I have to thank them for thinking about me and for providing me a new bodyguard...

My moonologue was interupted by none other than Shizuo. I could tell he looked sad but his face only makde me sad too.

"Tom-san... I think I have to tell you something..." he said after taking a seat in front of me.
"I already know, Izaya told me..."
" He did?"
"Yes, he called me and explaned to me all that happened with the two of you. What can I say I am impressed that you haven't lost your calm in that situation!"
"Y-yeah... I'm not that fond of the bargain I made... that stupid louse and his plans, he even called you! How does he have your phone number!... oh, I forgot about his job, whatever! I don't like this!!!"
"Calm down... the world is not ending! I am happy that you found another job, even if your enemy is your boss... this will give you a taste of diversity"
"I don't know if it will but I am certain that I will miss working for you"
... that... was getting emotional, Shizuo is such a good child on the inside I sometimes wonder what would have happened if he wasn't given that stupidly deadly strenght.
"I will certainly miss you too!" was the last think I said before shaking his hand and gentely petting his head. 

After that he came with me back to Ikebukuro because while he was hunting Izaya down, the person that we had to 'visit' commited suicide and his case was presented on television. There was no way I could take my debt from that men. Our drive to the city was silent, the former bartender still looking upset... after I parked in front of his house we said the last 'goodbye' to each other till the day fate decided us to meet again.

---------------------
Author here, what do you think about this chapter? Told you it was going to be emotional😁
Btw has any of you got the references from the past chapters?
The first one was "you're thinking, it's annoying" from Sherlock (BBC)
and the second one was "if you were you would have been one hell of a butler" obv from Black Butler... now that I think of it Izaya made the references, 🤔maybe he is just a big geek/weeb🤣