CHAPTER 13

Shizuo's pov

I woke up immersed in pleasant warmth, something I hardly ever feel... Probably that or the morning dizziness were at fault for my brain stopping at that time. Not for a second have I thought about the source of warmth that was practically hugging my head and shoulders... until my other senses started working and, by the scent in the air, I was completely aware of the fact that the insufferable flea was cuddling with me... in a bed... in his secretary's house... in FUCKING America!!!

I wanted to shake off of that situation but that thing would have woken up the bastard who saw me as a body-pillow! BUT, Kasuka taught me not to wake up a sleeping person. He thinks that a slumbering individual is proof of the work he's done and deserves to rest. BUT the insect here didn't do any hard work!

Now what? I just have to wait until Izaya wakes up? I don't like that! Still, it's not as if he means any harm this way, plus the warmth was not that bad. I brought my head closer to his chest while wondering if his hand was feeling numb under me or why would he chose to place his fingers through my fake blonde locks. I could have never imagined staying like this or sharing this kind of intimacy with the flea, HECK I can't even process why hadn't I went on a rampage?! Looks like I've changed somehow... with no annoying Izaya and less criminality I could keep my calm much longer on the streets of Ikebukuro... huh, so this bastard was of some use to my life...

Izaya's pov

Stupid Shizu-chan! Wouldn't let me get away from him by hugging my chest! Pervert, hentai! What a shameful position could I have gotten myself into?! After some hopeless movements I gave up and surrendered. The mutual heat was kind of nice (what to expect from a superhuman like him?), and even being embraced wasn't that bad even if it hurt my pride... so I did the same and hugged his head and neck, stroking his surprisingly soft and with visible darker roots hair. I tried and drifted quickly to sleep as I didn't know if I were to get any of it that day.

~Later that morning after the two rivals had to awkwardly get out of bed~

Third pov

"Dear Namie-san would you help me with something?" "Depends..." "We are going to prank Shizu-chan!~" "You really lost some brain cells from that hospitalization" she hopelessly sighed " ...Will it be entertaining?" "You know it will~" Their conversation ended with the two of them dangerously smirking. Some time after that all three were having breakfast. Izaya barely touched it, being more interested in whatever he was doing over his laptop and phone at the same time, Namie was the 'normal' person at the table and Shizuo was fidgeting and eating loudly. "Stop that, Heiwajima-san!" "Stop what?" "Eating soo indecent, you're making a mess" silence "Listen, you DON'T WANT TO MAKE ME ANGRY OR-" "Oh shut up, Shizu-chan! Just behave already!" "I should behave? WHY ARE YOU USING COMPUTERS WHEN YOU ARE EATING? ISN'T THAT DISRESPECTFUL?"

Namie interrupted them "Really now, lets stop this childish argument. Heiwajima-san, do you want coffee or chocolate milk, perhaps?" "How do you know I don't like coffee?" She gave the informant a quick glance "Izaya told me" "And he cared enough to tell you this and not watch me awkwardly refusing your offer? Doubt it!" "I actually did care enough. Black and bitter for me, Namie-san, like always" "Weird tastes..." whispered the blond, only to be welcomed with laughter from the other two. He soon gave in and joined them "Here you go, Heiwajima-san" Namie said as she placed a big glass with a brownish substance in it "I hope you like it!" She gave him a glance, the typing sound from the raven's laptop faded and half of the liquid in the glass was gone...

"Bleaa! Yuck!( and other impossible to write sounds of disgust) What the fuck is this?" That was when Izaya lost it. He busted out laughing like he has never before "Your face, Shizu-chan, is quite similar to the faces that babies make when eating lemons in those videos online!" He said between hiccups "And that, Heiwajima-san is five tablespoons of ground coffee with milk and no sugar. It's quite similar to what Izaya used to drink when I was his secretary, apart from the milk... he used water" "Like I said, BASTARD, weird tastes!" The informant was still laughing "Stop it, protozoan, I literally can't breath!~" "Now that you achieved so much energy, Shizuo-san, you can go and to the chores while I am at work" (awkward silence during which Shizuo was 'reviewing' the practicly new taste of coffee and concentrating on Namie's deadly words) "WHAT?!?"

~At the market~

Shizuo's pov

"Why the fuck did you come along?!" Oh I was ANGRY "You know little to no English, you wouldn't be able to read what is written on the packaging and instead of the milk carton that was on Namie-san's list you would buy laxatives~!" He couldn't help a smile at that moment, that bastard! Who does he think he is? I would obviously make the difference between the two products... the milk carton has in 70% of the cases a cow on it! Duh!? "Oi, by the way, Shizu-chan, do we need that many packets of cigarettes? You are the only one who smokes" "They don't have my favourite brand..." "American Blue Spirit? They don't have it in America~? Inreresting"..." "It's not creepy at all that you fucking know my favourite cigarettes! Not creepy at all!" "What? But I thought you were trying to quit?" "WHAT THE FUCK! Are you possessed or something? Are you freaking reading my mind?" "No~! I deduced that from the fact that you didn't smell like smoke when we first met, you didn't put one of those deadly sticks in your mouth in my presence aaaand your teeth are whiter~" "Sherlock much?" "Ha ha haa~!"

"I can't believe they kicked you out of the market~! Ha ha hahaha! You were shouting at that kid in freaking Japanese and the guards... the guards...ha ha ha... the kicked you out!"  "Shut up, flea or I'll KICK your ass, I-Z-A-Y-A--K-U-N!" "Izaya-kun? Like in Orihara-kun?" Who the fuck said that? "Wait, is that Shinra?"

BONUS ~Earlier the morning~

Namie, someone who doesn't believe in privacy, wanted to wake up the sleeping beauties... only to find the kind-of-former rivals cuddling with the blanket that has kittens on it over them [Photo has been taken. Do you want to save it? -YES-] "Blackmail material... I'll be so rich~!"
Now, let us all pray for the souls of Izaya-kun and Shizu-chan!

----------------------------
Hi, author here!😅
Umm... been a while, hasn't it?
I'm just so sorry for pretending to be dead for like a month😣
I wanted to write, I swear! But firstly I had to go through the planning of this fic, to know exactly where it is going to go and more...
Plus there's been Christmas, the New Year's Eve and a lot of family reunions😑
Btw, a late Happy New Year and a later than late Merry Christmas!
As always, stay tuned for the next chapter!