CHAPTER 10

Third person's pov

The two enemies were looking at the screen waiting for something to happen. Not Izaya nor Shizuo were saying anything. <It's a pleasure to finally be able to speak with you!> "Who are you?" The raven really wanted to take the laptop and smash it into a wall. These kind of messages were never a good sign <It really doesn't matter! A name is just a name my dear informant! But to be honest you don't remember me as one of your clients because I was never your client... I am something closer to a fan, your and that blond's fan> now Shizuo was disgusted. He doesn't need a fan or better he doesn't need a middle aged man as a fan "Oi, bastard, tell us what do you want!" Shizuo was pissed. The whole scene didn't make any sense

<Oh I don't want anything! I already have what I want... I have you both! Maybe contacting you was not the best thing to do but I couldn't resist anymore!> Izaya was lost. He really didn't know the man, he never saw him! <Maybe I should tell you two about my plans! Maybe not! Oh, God I am so happy!> "You are insane!" Shizuo had enough of it <Don't call me that, Shizu-chan!> "Bastard don't dare call me Shizu-chan or I'll find you and beat the shit out of you!" <Sorry, just Iza-chan can use this nickname> then the strange man winked... WINKED! Shizuo slammed the nearest wall almost braking it "Oi, Shizu-chan, don't destroy my apartment!"

Izaya's pov

<Now listen carrefully, I am Nero Vancouver. Don't bother searching me up> he is obviously american but his Japanese is flawless <I've been researching for decades everything I could find about the American Artichoke Project based on drugs and manipulation. Can we get control of an individual to the point where he will do our bidding against his will and even against fundamental laws of nature? That was the main question to which that experiment had to answer. But it didn't. The project was cancelled and all information was lost... Until these days!> full control... over my beloved humans... NO WAY!!! I was soo angry I think even Shizu-chan noticed that "Are you crazy, you old dochebag?!" The blond was practically screaming <Of course not! Aren't you happy? And you haven't even heard the best part yet, I will soon be able to control you!>

Shizuo's pov

"Who do you think you are and WHO DO YOU FUCKING THINK IS GOING TO TAKE YOUR STUPID DRUG?!!!" why is this happening? I didn't sign up for this! In what kind of bullshit is the flea?! <I'll kidnap or trick whoever I want to control, obviously! More than that I am in Japan at the moment and I kind of already control the police, so... I just wanted you to know before I make you my pawns!> "Motherfucker..." I wanted to kill the guy, to blow him in one punch to the other side of the world! Izaya seemed uneasy in his chair, I could swear I saw him trembling a little <Anyway... My pleasure to meet you! Evening!> with that that bastard ended the call. We were speechless... "I'm hungry, Shizu-chan, can you make dinner?" I nodded and headed to the kitchen... which was filled with food... noodles... I'll make noodles!

Izaya's pov

After I did some research I found the creppy man... he actually has an entire book dedicated to drugs and that project... I thought I was done with putting my life at sake, now if this guy is targeting Shizu-chan too, his life will be in danger! Not only his but all humanity's because what that person said is genuine! Why did I change? Why am I so human now? Why do I have to feel empathy?! AND WHY AM I STILL ALIVE?!... breath in, breath out... What do I do in this situation? I have an idea but... it has consequences...

Shizuo's pov

After I finished the food I got Izaya to eat. I still don't know what to believe about that call... maybe this bastard knows... "Fle-" "Shizu-chan, you're fired!" I was about to spit my food "What? Didn't you employ me?... oh I get it! It's about that guy, no? You are going to run and hide, AREN'T YOU?!" "Wh-" "So the whole shit is real?! You really are going to let me go as if I am some kind of stupid kid? Do you have any idea what will he do with your abilities if he kidnaps you? Nobody will be there to protect your butt! Do you really want that? Do you really want everybody to get manipulated by some weird psycho?" "No bu-" "I don't accept to be fired, thank you!" "Do what you want... Tomorrow we leave Japan for America" I was angry but I didn't mind leaving, my life does not mean just Japan "Bu-" "KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, SHIZU-CHAN! I have a plan" "That's what I wanted to hear!"

Izaya's pov

How did that protozoan guess my plan? Why didn't he just accept and leave?! I didn't see that coming. I am really tired!

After we finished eating (Shizu-chan's cooking skills are mediocre but acceptable) we prepared for sleep. My back and my upper butt were hurting from that wheelchair and taking a pill this late will affect my sleep, which I really need for not starting napping in the chair during the day... I decided to let it go. I took the right part of the bed and the blond took the left one. I put my switch blade under my pillow and Shizu-chan turned off the lights.

Argh... the pain won't go! I was continuously moving in the matters of the bed "Does your back hurt?" "That chair-" "Let me help you!" "Why? You want to brake my ribs?" "No, I kind of feel responsible for your state and-" "Fine! Just make the pain go already!" He put a warm hand on by back and started massaging. I wanted to tell him to stop but I've been craving attention all my life! I let myself drown in the comforting touch. I think I fell asleep.

------------------
Hi! Author here! I am so sooooooo sorry for not posting this chapter sooner. But you have to understand me, school here is really hard and bothersome😭😭
Again I am very sorry! Please don't drop this story 'cause I have big plans with it!
Thank you for reading!
Bye bye!