Chapter eight:Visitation and Conformation

And it's a double update!!!
I'm awesome... I know. 😀😀✌
Long chapter btw...

"As the other girls prayed for a handsome lover, or a man with power or for poetry. She secretly prayed: Ya Rabb, let him be amongst those closest to you.."

One weekend, Hanan was feeling homesick. She missed her mom. Though mariam doesn't make her feel alone but still she wants to know about her mom's well being. How she's fairing. Whether her father kept his promise. She told Mariam about her plight and she nodded in understanding.

"Oh my dear! I perfectly understand but right now I'm having an appointment with my doctor. And the other driver is on leave"she explained and Hanan nodded in disdain

"And the only option is Faaiz. He will take you home"

Her eyes widened. No! She can't bear to be alone with him for a minute. Hours!!! She smiled politely "No he needn't bother. I can just go board a cab"

"That sounds so silly. Of course he would bother. He's taking you home. End of discussion" And she gulped nervously then nodded.

"Good!" Just then faaiz came downstairs.

"Good thing you are here. Hanan wants to see her parents and since I'm having appointment and the other driver isn't around, you are her only option. I would have said to drop her off but I'm already late." Hanan looked up to see his reaction but he revealed none.

"Okay" was his short response and mariam grinned.

"Thanks habibi"

"Will be right back" And he left.

"Okay dear. Since he's agreed to take you, I can as well take my leave" she said and kissed her cheeks before leaving.

Upon getting to the car, Faaiz unlocked the door and got in. 'So much for being a gentleman' she thought sarcastically and opened her door by herself. He then started the car and drove off. Hanan rested her face on the doorframe and admired nature.

She then turned her face him and saw him focused on the road a grim expression on his face. She studied him closely. He's putting on a shirt with the sleeve rolled up and khaki trousers. His eyes looked worn out and tired, stubble looked unkempt. God knows when last he shaved. But he still managed to look cute.

"I'm dashing. I know. But your stare is burning holes on my face. You know" he turned to face her and she looked away somewhat embarrassed.

"I wasn't checking you out" she replied when she managed to get her voice back.

"Oh sure" he said sarcastically and Hanan couldn't help but smile. He's actually having a conversation with her. But the rest of the ride was spent with silence and she kept stealing glances at him occasionally.

The car came to an abrupt stop and Hanan looked up as their house came to view. She took in a deep breath as all the memories gushed back. It hasn't even been up to a month and she already missed her mom. She got out of the car and he followed suit.

Gently, she knocked on the door and opened it. "Asalam alaykum!" She greeted upon entering the house and saw no one present. She then went to her mother's room and saw her lying on the bed.