Chapter Forty Two: Affection And Attractions

'Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the whole world to find it. Others, find it in a person' -Beau Taplin

Hanan awoke to the smell of freshly made food. Her tummy growled in response. She traced the aroma to the kitchen where she was rather surprised. Faaiz was in an apron, hair scattered with traces of flour in it. He must have ran a hand through his hair.

She giggled. He looked hilarious and cute at the same time. The sound made him turn around "You are awake!"

"Yeah." As she left the door way and entered the kitchen. "This smells and looks nice! How about a bite?" He jerked her hand away as she was about putting it in her mouth.

He groaned "You are such a spoiler. I wanted to surprise you with a breakfast in bed"

"Awwn! Its not too late you know. I can as well go back to bed and pretend i was just waking up."

"Tahh. It wouldn't be the same" He rolled his eyes.

"Never knew you were romantic" she teased

"Well, Too bad for you. Guess you still have a long way to go. There are still many things you need to learn about me." He replied with a smug smile.

He then rolled his eyes "Since you've disrupted my plan of giving you a morning surprise, how about you get seated and let this great chef serve you honourably?" She giggled and sat.

He rubbed his palms together. "Need I say, foods like this, when the cook is filled with too much arrogance, ends up awful!"

"You sure know how to ruin mood" He tsked. "But be rest assured.. This would turn out fine!" He replied with arrogance.

"Let's see then!"

And he served her and sat with her. "What about you? You ain't eating?"

"I will eat with you. Go on ahead and have a bite" And she obliged.

He sat back comfortably anticipating her reaction. He gauged her expression. "Faaiz This is so-" She stuff more into her mouth "Delicious and yummy!!"

A smug look on his face "Told ya"

"I mean this is the best mouthwatering meal I've had in a while!" an arrogant smile danced on his face.

"Will you now take back the word you said earlier?"

"I eat that back, heck, all of it. All I said" He chuckled as she continued stuffing the food in her mouth.

"Careful. So you won't choke" She nodded and continued still. "Need i remind you that's a food for two?"

"No sure in hell am I sharing this!" He chuckled and went to get one plate for himself.

After almost five rounds, she had her fill. All the whole while, Faaiz was laughing at her. "Satisfied now?" She nodded rubbing her over filled tummy.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, rate my food." even though the answer to that was obvious.

"You broke the scale" And he chuckled.

"I know really"

She nodded smiling up at him. And that was when she noticed "What of granny?"

"Oh. She went for her appointment"

She nodded "And the maids?"

"Told Sofia to take the day off but the rest should be somewhere around the house"

She nodded in comprehension. "Okayyy.. So back to the deal at hand. How come you know how to cook so good? Where did you learn that from?"

A grievous expression passed his face "I was forced to learn how to. Who else would? Granny was too weak then to Cook so I had no other choice than to learn how to cook. Circumstance made me a good cook I guess"