Chapter Fifteen:Trip And Treat

"Erm sir, we have a problem" Aminah stated and it caught their attention.

"All ears"

"The manager called me some minutes back to inform me about some problems at the company and it needs fixing right away."

"Is it that bad?"

"Nope. But it's a thing I can look into sir. You don't need to bother"

"If that's the case then. How about the flight?"

"Maybe I will come there later if worse comes to worse"

He gave her a puzzled look "How would I cope over there? I need you to be there!" And something dropped in Hanan.

Aminah smiled knowingly. "You needn't worry sir. I hope the problem doesn't require much time" then they discussed some business matters more before she excused herself and left. Claiming duty calls and left but not before giving Hanan a mischievous smirk and mocking salute and finally left the house.

And after then, Faaiz went to his study not even sparing them a glance. They then went to the kitchen and Hanan convinced the maid that she wants to be the one to prepare her husband's meal. Mariam came in occasionally to check her progress.

"The food smells nice. Can't wait to eat! I'm famished already."she excitedly said rubbing her palms together in anticipation emphasizing her point.

Hanan chuckled." Almost done."
And proceeded to finish up. After some minutes, the food was done and dinner was served.

"Hmm.. Who prepared this meal? Granny, today's recipe is special right?" Faaiz complimented.

Mariam smiled happily and gave a knowing look.. "Yummy right?"

"Absolutely!"

Mariam beamed and Hanan grinned. He actually liked the food! She almost jumped up from excitement.

"Erm.. I wasn't the one that actually prepared it?"

"Oh!.. Sofia?"

"Nah. Hanan" she said cheerfully. And Hanan held her breath. Something flickered in his eyes before he masked it back instantly and his face went blank.

"Oh!"

"Yeah..." Mariam drawled expecting him to say more but nothing came afterwards. Then followed by an uncomfortable silence.

When he had come downstairs, she had been really delighted to serve his meal and wait for his reaction. As he took the spoon and took a bite, she silently studied him and waited for his remark. And he did!

The silence drew on as she took comfort from the fact that he actually like the food! Even though he hadn't appraised her directly.

The ringing of a phone actually broke the silence. It was actually Faaiz's. He picked it and patiently listened to what the other person was actually saying.
Then she heard him groan "Yet again?"

She couldn't grasp what the other person on the line was saying as she sat opposite him. "Uh-Okay. No problem then." he sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Later." And he ended the call. He dropped his fork as a sign of lose of appetite.

"Any problem?" Mariam enquired.

He sighed before replying. "That was Aminah."

"And..?"

"She said there was another problem"

"For crying out loud, Faaiz can't you construct a full sentence without breaking in between" she stated exasperatedly.

"Okay. Fine! She just informed me now that the problem at the office has been fixed. But there was another. The client we are supposed to have meeting with tomorrow, which was meant to be in the afternoon called to say it has been shifted. It is tomorrow morning. And that means one thing... "