Epilogue

Dedicated to @bilefresh @huchyna @deenaS- @heenehorlah @sydhussain @kweentunny honeydrips26 bunmi2000 @rasheedara Y'all are the real MVPs😍💖👄! Forgot some people's username🤧. But trust me, you're really appreciated too😋😘💕.

'..And sometimes, just sometimes, when people say forever... they mean it.'

"Surprise!!!"

Was the noise that awoke Hanan. She squinted her eyes and her heart was filled with love as she glanced round her. Everyone, with wide grin on their faces, held a big cake with lit candles on it.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you!!" They sang in chorus.

Hanan's heart welled up with joy as she blew off the light on it. "Happy birthday mommy!" Faiza came forward and hugged her.

"Thank you hunnie."

"Warmest wishes, dearest." Faaiz said kissing her forehead. She smiled tenderly at him.

They all came forward and took turn in embracing her. Hanan cut the cake as their voices and laughter filled the air.
Afterwards, they left her to clean up and change.

Hanan was struggling with her dress zip, when a hand wrapped over hers. Their gaze met in the mirror and Hanan glanced away. Faaiz whispered in her ear, his hot breath fanning her back. "I already told you, not to feel insecure about your body with me again." He said, zipping up her dress.

Faaiz turned her around as she still avoided eye contact. "Have I told you, you look prettier?"

"You look gorgeous, Mrs Hasnayn." Faaiz whispered, looking deep into her eyes.

Hanan stared at him at that and blushed. He pinched her nose. She wrapped her hand around his neck and Faaiz pulled her close by her waist. "How come you still remember my birthday? It never even occurred to me."

Faaiz smiled slightly, "Of course, I'm your husband!" Hanan rolled her eyes. Faaiz moved his face down to kiss her but was interrupted by a voice.

"Your attention is needed downstairs." Faaiz groaned as he reluctantly left her and Hanan giggled.

"I have one last surprise for you." He whispered.

Hanan's face lit up. "What's it?"

"It's called surprise for a reason, you know." She rolled her eyes as they both linked hand and walked downstairs.

"I feel tired." Hanan muttered and before she knew it, Faaiz carried her bridal style down the stairs. "My legs are perfectly fine!" She exclaimed.

"I feel like just exercising my hand." Hanan succumbed.

A round of 'wooh', 'aww', and what not echoed round the room and Faaiz set Hanan down.

"Mom!" Hanan shouted when she spotted Balqees amidst the crowd. She turned to Faaiz, an unreadable expression on his face. "Thank you." She mouthed.

Faaiz and Faiza did a secret high five, because it was all thanks to the little being the whole thing was set in place. But Faaiz wouldn't dare admit that to Hanan of course, that he had used his daughter's help. They both winked at each other before they went on their separate ways.

Hanan moved towards her mother with tears in her eyes, she couldn't understand why she was being emotional. It wasn't like she hadn't seen her mother the past few years. In fact, Hanan had changed her apartment for her because, after her father's death, they sold their house. And Hanan had persuaded Balqees to come and stay with them at the mansion.