[12] Dragon Training

*Second Person POV*

Its the day after you found out you're a rider. You are currently walking to the dragon training area. Hiccup, Toothless, and Cobalt are with you. Hiccup would have flown ahead, but he wanted to keep an eye on Cobalt. Probably Astrid made him do it. And it sorta surprises you that the dragon hasn't run off yet to explore the town. Instead he sticks closely by your side, looking about in wonder at the sights around him.

You looked at your dragon's right wing that is bandaged to his side. Coincidentally matching your own right arm.

You had taken him to Valka after Cobalt had calmed down around the others. Well,... he was still mistrusting of Astrid, he would not let Astrid any where near him. At least Cobalt trusted Valka enough to treat him. You still felt sad for your dragon, since its now earth bound. But even with a injured wing, it doesn't seem to keep the dragon's spirits down.

You found yourself smiling at the memory from this morning. Cobalt had decided to wake you up by jumping on you in the bed. And since he's WAY heavier than you, it hurt quite a bit. But he quickly made up for the pain with slobbery dragon kisses. Cobalt had also made breakfast quite interesting. Especially when somehow he ended up getting eggs all over him, and possibly start a small kitchen fire. Thankfully, Hiccup was able to put it out in time before the entire house caught fire.

That's certainly one way to start the day. You thought with a smile.

A light push from Cobalt broke you from your thoughts. Cobalt then motioned with his head to in front of you. Looking up, you see that you've arrived at the dragon training arena. Hiccup went inside ahead of you, with you following behind. The moment Cobalt saw Astrid, he bared his fangs and let out a low growl.

"Nice to see you too." Astrid responded, glaring back from her place on Stormfly's back.

"Calm down guys. We're all friends here right?" Hiccup said being peacekeeper. Cobalt responded by sitting down and rolling his eyes, deliberately looking away from Astrid. Astrid also looked away but with a scoff, while crossing her arms. Toothless looked at Hiccup from his sitting position. His half lidded eyes seeming to say, 'That went well'. Hiccup sighed and shook his head at their actions.

"You two are being just as bad as the twins right now." Hiccup said looking between the Viking and dragon.

"Nah, we're worse." Ruffnut butted in. Backed up by her twin with, "Yeah! I once set our house on fire!"

"Come on. I want to see what this Nightfury got." Snotlout said motioning to Cobalt.

"Aren't you amazed by the fact of another Nightfury?! And also the fact that this one looks different from Toothless!" Fishlegs pointed out excitedly.

"I think we're all curious about this other Nightfury." Astrid said looking over at you with a look demanding an explanation.

"Look. I'm just as shocked as you all are. I didn't even know I was a rider in the first place!" You exclaimed. Astrid's gaze seemed to soften, she turned away in thought.

"Alright guys, settle down. I don't think we'll learn anything from questioning someone who has no memory. Besides, its time to start training." Hiccup spoke up before some bickering can start up. Which made everyone turn to him. "Now..." He started by clapping his hands together. "Since (Y/N) has amnesia, and has been reunited with his dragon. We are going to go simple today." When Hiccup said that, Snotlout decided to speak up.

"Why can't we just have (Y/N) show us what he already knows about dragon riding. Since he already has some knowledge of dragons. I want to see what he's got first." He said. The twins nodded in agreement.