[41] The Calm

A/N: The votes for the poll are in. The majority has decided to keep Cobalt as he is, so I'll leave him be. In retrospect, this option probably includes less work for me overall since I don't have to go back and change every instance of him. With that news out of the way, I'll let you all enjoy the chapter.

*Second Person POV*

        It's late morning and you have left Hiccup's home. Last night you had a fitful night's rest. You kept waking up and then failing to go back to sleep because Astrid kept popping back in your mind. Coincidentally, it's now Astrid's turn again to watch over you. And now you are on your way with Hiccup and Caroline to her house. Every step brings you closer to her and makes your heart feel all sorts of things.

        "I'm not sure about this Hiccup," you muttered as you walked.

        "You'll be fine. What's there to worry about? Aside from possible rejection I mean."  Hiccup pointed out.

        "Not helping," you shoot back at him.

        "Sorry," Hiccup apologizes. "But trust me, you'll do great."

        You fiddled with your bracelet. "I know, but this love thing is still so new to me."

        "You'll figure it out. We all aren't perfect at it," Hiccup reassured.

        I simply reached out a hand to pet Cobalt's scaly hide beside me. Understanding this new feeling made things so much more complicated. Yet it was exhilarating at the same time? It was all so confusing.

        You glance at Caroline who's trailing a bit behind you two. "Hey, Caroline. Do you think you have any... tips?"

        She snaps to attention, "Huh?"

        "He's asking for dating advice," Hiccup restated my question.

        "Oh," was her eloquent response. She frowned to herself for a bit. "Get flowers?" She more so asked then answered.

        Hiccup gives her a deadpan look.

        She raises her hands in mock surrender. "What? Sorry, I'm not on my best today."

         You frown at her. "You've been quiet all morning Caroline. Is everything okay?"

        She quickly nods, "No, yeah I'm fine. I think all the extra shifts are just catching up to me. My mind keeps wanting to walk out."

        "You should rest," you suggested. "No one is making you volunteer for more shifts."

        "I know," she admits. "I just want to make sure Berk is safe. The Agirifa aren't nice people, and I don't want Berk sharing our home's fate."

        You open your mouth to say something, but she lifts a finger to cut you off.

        "Besides, I don't want to miss what's going down today. It's bound to be entertaining." She smirked at you.

        "Glad you find my embarrassment funny," you reply shortly.

        Astrid's place is now in view from your position. However, much to your surprise, Astrid is outside. She's talking with Snotlout and Fishlegs, and telling from her face, she didn't look too happy. More like annoyance directed at the two with her.