[25] Trouble At Dragon Daycare

*Second Person POV*

        "(Y/N), a little help." Caroline's voice floated to your ears. You put down the broom you were holding to sweep up shedded scales before turning around. What you saw, made you chuckle at the sight. Caroline had a little over a dozen Terrible Terrors on her as she lay helplessly on the ground. Tawni let out a dragon laugh along with Cobalt who were playing together just a moment ago. After your moment of laughter, you decided she has been laying there long enough.

        "Alright little guys. Come on, get off of Caroline or no treats for you." You softly ordered the dragons, making shooing motions with your hands as you did so. Hearing the threat to their treat supply, they quickly complied and either flew or scampered off of poor Caroline. Who is now getting back up and dusting herself off.

        "I never did get how you seem to always get dragons to do what you say. Trust me, I've begged you for your secret many times." You couldn't help but chuckle at her comment.

        "And you still will never know." You teased as you turned away and made your way over to a Monstrous Nightmare with a broken leg.

        "How's it going over here?" Valka's walked over to you, looking over at Caroline who is now busy feeding a Deadly Nadder.

        "Good, we feed about two Groncles, three Deadly Nadders and I rebandaged a Zippleback's wing." You reported while you checked the Monstrous Nightmare's leg.

        "Nice work you two." Valka nodded in approval at how much you've gotten done. "I probably wouldn't have been able to get all this done without your help. There are quite a lot of injured dragons to care for here, even though at least half have been released." She thought aloud, looking around at the multitude of stables here.

        "Happy to help." Caroline saluted with a smirk. Valka rolled her eyes and you shook your head at her.

        "Just keep up the good work." Valka reminded with a chuckle before walking off to another section of the dragon hangar. You stood straight again and ran a hand through your (H/C) hair as you looked around for something else to do. When you did, you saw Cobalt and Tawni playing a game of tag on the upper floors of the hangar. Annoying a few of the healthy dragons staying there, the injured were put on the lower levels for easier access.

         You were about to turn around to check on a blind Hobblegrunt when out of the corner of your eye, you saw Tawni's tail hit a bucket and fall from the second level. This wouldn't have been a problem if no dragon was under it, but alas, fate had other ideas. The bucket hit a unsuspecting Rumblehorn right on the head that was drinking some water.

        The dragon paused mid-gulp, and the dragons around it suddenly scampered away from it. You slowly turned your body to the scene as Tawni and Cobalt froze in their tracks. The Rumblehorn let out a loud growling noise that reverberated throughout the hanger, silencing all noise. It suddenly turned its head to the guilty looking Sand Wraith and narrowed its eyes at her. You glanced at Caroline who looked ready to jump to action.

        A tremendous roar tore itself from the Rumblehorn's throat as it leapt at Tawni. Tawni immediately jumped out of the way before taking off from the level and into the spacious air the cave room provided. The Rumblehorn was a bit slower to move. During the time it took to land, stop, and turn around before taking off. Caroline made it to your side as she carefully watched the Rumblehorn's movements of attack directed towards her dragon.

        "Tawni, dive!" Caroline commanded her dragon. Tawni followed the command without a second thought, narrowly avoiding the clubbed tail of the angry Rumblehorn. Caroline yelling out finally snapped you from your daze. Thinking fast, you quickly scanned the area for Cobalt. Finding him watching the fight helplessly from the second level, you waved at him to get his attention. He noticed this immediately and stood attention.

        "Get Valka and Cloudjumper!" You shouted at him, he nodded and gracefully maneuvered back down to the ground level before bounding down the way Valka had gone before. Now all you and Caroline had left to do was distract the Rumblehorn from hurting anyone before backup arrived.

        "(Y/N)! Look out!" Caroline yelled in warning, the feeling of being tackled followed immediately after. Caroline had knocked you to the ground. As soon as you two disengaged, you looked up to see the Rumblehorn struggle to turn mid-air and follow the more agile Sand Wraith.

        Suddenly, you were hit by an idea, and without warning you leapt up from the ground and jumped onto the still near Rumblehorn. Surprised by the new weight now hanging on to one of their horns and side caused it to momentarily loose balance and swerve up and around the room. Caroline shouted out your name as you were lifted from her range, and quite possibly the fact you literally threw yourself into danger.

        When the Rumblehorn tilted sideways, you managed to side into place on its back and grip both of its horns tightly. That's when it began to buck wildly, making it incredibly hard to keep your grip on the large dragon. You gritted your teeth from the effort needed to stay mounted.

        I just have to hang on till Valka gets here. You gritted your teeth.

        "Tawni, be ready to catch him if he slips!" Caroline shouted with a voice filled with concern towards her dragon. You couldn't really pinpoint Tawni's location because of the constant bucking and wild maneuvering of the Rumblehorn blurring the scene around you. You could feel the sweat forming on your palms, making your hands slowly slip from it's horns.

        Please hurry Cobalt! You thought as your hands slowly but gradually slipped towards the tip.

        Abruptly, the Rumblehorn slammed into the rocky cave wall, small rocks chipped off and pelted your form. The jarring from the impact however was the final straw for your grip. As your hands slipped off of their holds, your right hand got sliced by the tip of the horn. You screamed as you fell before you were quickly plucked from the air just before you could hit the ground. You were the barely aware of a large blur zoom by and slam into the Rumblehorn as you were carefully put back on the ground, being helped by Caroline. Caroline immediately began to fuss over you and the wound over your hand as Cobalt reentered the room and joined your side, checking you for other external wounds. You looked up to see Cloudjumper holding down the aggressive Rumblehorn and Valka dismount him and rushed to your side, joining the fussing over you club.

        "Alright, alright guys. I'm fine." You pushed yourself away from the concerned group, ignoring the stinging from your palm's rejection of the statement. Caroline and Valka looked to each other before Caroline stepped forward with a sigh.

        "Just don't do that again. I'm your guardian, my job is to keep you from danger. Jumping into it doesn't help." Caroline pushed her point across. Her body language may have looked a bit threatening, but her eyes told how really concerned she was about your safety. Making you feel incredibly guilty about blindly jumping into danger. But you had to admit, except for the cut, it all went according to plan.

        "Get your hand bandaged up. You two can take a break for today. I'll handle the Rumblehorn." Valka instructed before walking over to help Cloudjumper. Caroline began to drag you away before you could even respond to her, clearly wanting you fixed up as quick as possible.

        What a way to end the first day working together. You thought with a huff.