[37] Confidant

A/N: I finally managed to finish this chapter. It fought me tooth and nail and I'm still a little unsure how it turned out. But, I managed to push through. I wonder who will be the next to watch the reader?

*Second Person's POV*

Gods, everything hurts right now. You rub your aching legs. You feel so sore. If you thought it sucked yesterday, you were dead wrong, so very wrong. You can barely move without feeling a dull ache in your muscles. You feel so stiff.

A cool head rubbed against your feet, Cobalt let out a rumbling gurgle, sharing your pain. You smile softly.

"You worked out with Snotlout, didn't you?" Came Fishlegs's voice from his kitchen.

"Yeah," you admitted. "Is that guy even human?"

A large rock wrapped in fabric is brought into your view. You look up at Fishlegs in confusion. He places the rock in your hand, it's warm to the touch.

"Put this on your lap, it should help your sore legs. The heat will relax your muscles," Fishlegs explains. "I'm afraid it won't help your arms because, well... I don't think you want to hold it there with sore arms." He awkwardly smiled.

You return the smile regardless, "Thanks." You place it on your lap. The warmth soothes your aching muscles. You relax into the chair you're sitting in, closing your eyes contently. Finally, some solstice.

"Uh... (Y/N)?" Fishleg's hesitantly says. You peek open an eye, humming to show you heard. "How's Caroline doing?"

There goes your relaxation. You sigh, closing your eyes again. "She's helping out Hiccup scout Berk for the Agirifa. She told me she'll be around later once she deems it's secure."

"You... don't seem happy about it," Fishlegs pointed out.

You sit up, opening your eyes and gazing down at the cloth covered rock. You play absentmindedly with the cloth's edge. "Is it that obvious?"

Meatlug gurgles and growls from her corner. Gesturing her big scaly head at you.

Fishlegs nods, "I agree with Meatlug, (Y/N), you've been out of it lately. You and Caroline have been avoiding each other. What happened?"

You bite your lip. The rock is the most interesting thing in the world to you right now. I mean, look at it's interesting porous texture. Yes, very interesting.

"(Y/N)," Fishlegs called your name sternly.

You lower your head. "I... may have told her... she was a stranger to me? As in, I don't exactly... remember her," You shrink in on yourself.

"Oh," Fishlegs grimaced.

"Yeah," you mumble. "I don't think she's taking it well." Cobalt gurgled sadly, empathizing with you.

Fishlegs nervously rubbed his hands together, "Well, she probably needs time then."

"But that's the problem!" You throw your hands up. "She's had more then a whole day, and she slept outside to avoid me. I'm... I'm getting worried," you slumped your shoulders. "This won't fix itself if she keeps avoiding me. It will only get worse. I... I just want to apologize."

"Then apologize," Fishlegs said.

"I can't, I already told you she's avoiding me," you look dejectedly at the wood floor.

"Just ask her for a talk," Fishlegs said like it was the most obvious thing in the world. Taking a seat at the table you're at. "I'm not sure you noticed, but she listens to you. She's like a big playful dragon and you're the dragon tamer."