[29] Learning How To Not Crash

*Second Person POV*

        "You want us to fly again?" You asked dubiously. Hand on your hip and a hand resting on Cobalt's back. Cobalt cocked his head with an 'are you serious' look, his tail flicked behind him.

        "It's the only way Cobalt will get used to you on his back when he flies." Hiccup said, gesturing to the icy cold nightfury. You shifted in your spot, not entirely sure about the suggestion. Hiccup had brought you to the training arena once you woke up this morning, something you were not happy about by the way. You weren't even planning on flying on Cobalt anytime soon because of yesterday's incident. You didn't want to bring injury to you or Cobalt.

       "Hold on, didn't he crash into your roof?" Snotlout pointed out from his place beside you. Bringing to light the very incident you were just thinking about.

        "Well, yeah but doing this will help prevent that." Hiccup replied. Caroline, standing next to Berk's chief, nodded to Hiccup's words.  

        "Besides, I can catch him again if he falls." Caroline added, a smirk on her face as she crossed her arms.

        You rolled your eyes, "I only fell because of the impact of the crash."

        "Still, is Cobalt's wing able to even take the weight?" Astrid said from the side. You yourself had suspected this to be the cause of the crash. Cobalt had tipped suddenly without any obstructions nearby to be the cause of the loss of balance.

       "He flew high enough to hit my roof. I think he can handle short flights low to the ground." Hiccup said with a closed smile.

        "I don't know..." You trailed off, biting your lip. Cobalt looked at his wing with a skeptical look. Tawni looked at him with round eyes, letting out a soft gurgle. She looked down in thought before she backed out from Caroline's side to circle around to Cobalt, giving him a reassuring nudge in his side. Cobalt lifted his head and rested his white gaze on her. When he grinned at her, she smiled back at him gratefully. Watching the exchange warmed your heart.

        "Maybe..." You began, "it might be worth a shot." You finally decided, much to Hiccup's delight. Toothless gave you one of his signature toothless smiles.

        "Alright, you saddle Cobalt and I'll be right behind you on Tawni." Caroline said, walking over to her sand wraith and patting the dragon's neck. Tawni seemed to tell Cobalt that she's got his back. He grinned warmly at her and dipped his head before coming closer to your side.

        You looked down at Cobalt as he gazed back up at you with his fiery white eyes. "Think you can handle it?" You asked your dragon. Cobalt nodded his head with this spark in his eye. Some repressed memory told you that look meant he is determined to strut his stuff, and quite possibly try to show off. You laughed silently at Cobalt, "Just don't overdue it." Cobalt looked back at you with the most innocent look a dragon can muster. Making you chuckle and shake your head at him.

        Climbing onto his saddle, you put your hands through the looped straps on the front before gripping them tightly. Something you weren't able to do when Cobalt was on the move through the village. Now that you're secured, Cobalt takes this as his cue to open his light blue wings. You crouch down in the saddle when you notice Snotlout, Hiccup, and Astrid mounting their dragons. Then your attention was torn from them when Cobalt leaps forward and springs into the air. He pumps his large wings forward to propel himself. Starting out the first flight's take off smoothly. You smile as you feel the warmth of the sun's rays hit your back, and watch as Cobalt climbs higher in the air. The feeling of taking off and no longer being earthbound will never cease to amaze you.