[24] We're Back

*Second Person POV*

        "WHAT?!" Everyone shouted, all wearing utterly shocked expressions on their faces. Caroline flinched at the sudden outburst.

        "So that means, (Y/N) is your Cheiftess's son!?!" Exclaimed Fishlegs, on the edge of his seat.

        "Woah! So he's like, a big deal!" Tuffnut shouted as he stood up.

        "He's a less bossy version of Hiccup!" Ruffnut remarked, causing you to give her a startled look in response to the random statement.

        "I knew something was off about him, but I didn't think it would be this." Astrid thought aloud to herself as she looked down. You were surprised she didn't jump up from her seat and yell at you. But then again, you had your own thoughts to worry about.

        "So that's why those riders are... after me?" You spoke up, fiddling with your bracelet.

        "Sadly yes, but that's what I'm here for." Caroline smiled at you while she place a reassuring hand on your shoulder. You didn't respond, you just stared ahead at the fire. All this information was just too overwhelming.

        "Anything else you got that's interesting?" Snotlout questioned Caroline, you could see Astrid glancing at you.

        "Sorry, I can't. Besides..." Caroline trailed off looking at you. "We should sleep, we have a long flight ahead." Astrid nodded in understanding.

        "Alright, let's rest for the night guys." Astrid announced to everyone. They didn't object, and settled down to get comfortable silently. Though sometimes they would shoot some looks your way as they did.

        "Hey," Caroline poked you in the shoulder, causing you to look up at her since she's now standing next to you. "You can rest on Tawni if you want and I'll sleep by the fire." She offered.

        You opened you mouth to decline but Caroline spoke before you could. "Don't be so generous, I'm your guardian and I insist." She smirked down at you, you couldn't help but crack a small smile and roll your eyes at her.

        Tawni lifts a wing off the ground, allowing you to lay down and get comfortable under her wing before she lowered it. Before her wing fully touched the ground however, you could have sworn you saw Astrid frown at Caroline for second. The image didn't stay long though, and was soon forgotten as you fell asleep.

=+=+=(O)=+=+=

        "Welcome to Berk Caroline!" Tuffnut announced as the isle of Berk came into view. You smiled at the sight of it, glad to be back in some place familiar. Your smile falters for a moment, its almost like you've accepted the island as your home but in reality it isn't. You push the negative thought away, not wanting to deal with it right now.

        "Wow..." Caroline breathed in awe in her spot in front of you. Tawni gave a gurgle of agreement from under you, looking excited to land. Yes, you are riding on Tawni with Caroline because she had insisted you ride with her.

        "Why are you so surprised? Its just Berk with its trees and dragons." Snotlout snickered from Hookfang's back.

        "It's just... I've never seen a forest before. Or mountains for that matter." Caroline explained, still staring on at Berk.

        "You haven't?" You asked Caroline, you remember how amazing everything was when you first woke up. But you blamed that on your memory loss for being so entranced by the scenery.

        I guess the cave couldn't support things like forests and such in a cool rocky environment. But how was there grass in my dream?

        "But what about when you were captured, didn't you see things like that when they traveled?" Fishlegs pointed out to Caroline, interrupting your thoughts.

        "That's kinda hard to do with a bag over your head." Caroline causally responded with a shrug.

        "Anyway, get ready to land!" Astrid yelled over her shoulder before urging Stormfly to a dive. Everyone followed her lead as you all followed Astrid to land right in front of the Great Hall. The Viking villagers all greeted your return with friendly smiles, but some also showed interest in a new rider and dragon with you. Caroline wore a smirk and waved at them, undaunted by all the attention. Tawni huffed and rolled her eyes at her. You giggled and patted the dragon's side to let her know you feel the same way.

        "I guess the mission was a success then." Valka's voice came from behind you all. You turn on your seat to see Valka walking over to the group with Hiccup and Toothless following close behind her. Hiccup starts up a conversation with Astrid, and the others, excluding you and Caroline, at the moment join them.

        Suddenly, a shadow looms above you, causing Caroline to tense up and look up to see the origin of the shadow. Tawni also tenses, ready to spring to action if she need to.

        You snicker at their reaction before sliding off Tawni and look up at Cloudjumper. You smile up at the large Stormcutter, and Cloudjumper friendly nudges you in response. You look over at Caroline to see her get off of Tawni and scratch the back of her neck in embarrassment for being so on edge. Tawni paws the ground and looks away, trying to play it cool. You laugh at the sight.

        "You don't need to look so embarrassed, you didn't know Cloudjumper was a friend." You say reassuringly as you run your hand down one of Cloudjumper's wings.

        "Yeah, I guess so." She smiled, before her eyes snapped to something to your left. Before you could look, Cloudjumper stepped away from you and you were abruptly tackled by something big and cold. You land on your back and catch a glimpse of light blue scales. You immediately recognize it's Cobalt before you are smothered in dragon kisses.

        "UGH! Cobalt! Stop, that's gross!" You complained yet laughed at the same time. Cobalt got off and purred loudly next to you as you sat up and shook off the dragon spit. "Good to see you too."

        Caroline laughed at your situation, making the mood light and happy. All the shock from yesterday seem to ease away, and you decided that you would worry about your past later. It wouldn't hurt to relax for a bit after several days of stress.