Chapter 1- A Vacation With the Weasleys

The snitch raced by my ear, followed soon after by my brother, Harry Potter. I laughed and swivelled my broomstick to chase him. Nimbus 2001s causing us to be nothing more than blurs, we raced for the small golden ball in the air. I was vaguely aware the game around us had halted to watch. Harry caught the snitch just as my fingertips had closed around it. This caused a loud argument to break out between the two teams of four.

"I call bad catch!" Shouted John, the keeper for my team. "Lily obviously already had it! Harry snatched it from her!"

"Nuh-uh!" Said George, sticking out his tongue at the older boy.

The teams both flew to the centre of the pitch, angry scowls being passed around. I flew with my small team of John, Sydney, and Ginny by my side. Harry and his team of Ron, Fred and George were no longer shouting victoriously, but arguing angrily.

"You can't snatch the snitch from the other seeker," Sydney rolled her eyes. "That's plainly against all rules!"

"She did not have the snitch!" Harry said, throwing his arms up in frustration.

This caused an angry reaction of shouts, one being my own. I had felt the ball in my hand before Harry had grabbed it. Ginny, the chaser for my team, was about to argue when she was interrupted by a loud, but very welcomed voice.

"Children!" called Molly Weasley's voice. "Dinner!"

Instantly our fight was forgotten about. A chorus of "Coming, Mum!" was shouted back by all the red-headed players of our small game. We all flew to the ground, landing roughly and running to the backdoor of The Burrow.

"You're welcome to stay for dinner, Sydney dear," Mrs Weasley said, setting plates of food down on the table.

Sydney smiled, but told Mrs Weasley today was one of the few days her mother was home to have dinner with her. So with mouths already stuffed full of potato, we all waved to Sydney as she disappeared in a flash of green flames.

Sydney's mother was home for dinner once a week at most. The summer previously she had gotten herself a new job at the ministry, and they kept her very busy. As a result, Sydney spent most of her time at Hermione Granger's. Sydney, though, was very understanding of her mother having to work. They lived just the two of them, and Mrs Marshall worked very hard to give her daughter the best.

We were only halfway through our chicken dinner when Mr Weasley stumbled in the back door, shouting incomprehensible words and waving a paper high in the air. Mrs Weasley guided him into a chair, but he popped right back up as if on a spring. He whooped once more before I was able to understand what he was trying to convey to his wife.

"We won! Molly, we won! Seven hundred galleons!" He was saying, taking the paper he held and shoving it into Mrs Weasley's face.

The reaction was instant. Excited looks were passed around the table, even to Harry, Jonathan, and me. It seemed that the Weasley parents had forgotten about us for the moment. Mrs Weasley suddenly dashed over to hug Mr Weasley. He lifted her off the ground excitedly. It was when Fred and George let out a loud whoop that they remembered us sitting around the table. Mrs Weasley was now nearly as giddy as her husband.

"We'd discussed," she began, making us all move to the edge of our seats, "taking a trip to Egypt to visit Bill, but found we hadn't enough money. Now, we'll be able to! Of course, Harry, Lily, John, you'll all be coming with us-"

"No, no," I said quickly, eyes widening at the offer that was being made. "Mrs Weasley you've already done so much for us. I'm sure the Dursleys will let us back. In fact, we could always just go to Hermione's."