Chapter 8- The Raven

Of course, everyone knew the first Quidditch game of the season was approaching; Gryffindor vs Slytherin always attracted quite the crowd. What I was almost equally excited for, however, was the trip to Hogsmeade. I had high hopes that Harry and I could get our forms signed by either Severus or Remus. Even if we couldn't, we always had the invisibility cloak, and the Marauder's Map in George's bag also contained secret passages leading out of the castle.

The Gryffindors weren't in such high spirits. Oliver was working them half to death in desperation to win the house cup in his final year at Hogwarts. It was quite amusing, actually. They were up before sunrise every morning, which even I couldn't bring myself to do. In addition, they were out at least once after classes as well. Harry and the twins had been sulking for days.

Slytherin team and I had been meeting them on the pitch for a couple practice games, but had stopped after last Tuesday. We'd won the practice game, and Oliver had become redder than a tomato and stormed out. He hadn't spoken to any one of us but Adrian since, and we decided that keeping our distance was probably a good thing. We'd instead met Roger Davies and the Ravenclaw team for a few games.

They'd replaced a few players since last year, and their team was a lot stronger than it had been. It was still a good game on the pitch with the Ravenclaws, and it was only a bonus that Roger Davies didn't storm off if we won the game. The only player on their team who was nearly as competitive as Wood was their keeper, Page. Even he had only had a few unpleasant things to say to Higgs, who only snickered.

The Slytherins and Gryffindors had gotten used to multi-team practices, which is why we'd gone to the Ravenclaws after backing out of the practices with Wallowing Wood. The Gryffindors, however, were still on their own. A few Gryffindors, Angelina Johnson and Alicia Spinnet, gone to Cedric in hopes of getting a few practices in with the Hufflepuffs, but, having heard that Oliver was a very sore loser, they opted to have practices on their own.

Harry wasn't pleased at all with Oliver today. I'd been sitting in the Gryffindor common room, having a game of Wizard's Chess with Percy after Ron left, making excuses about homework, when Harry, Fred, and George, threw themselves down on the couch by the fire. I ignored them for a moment, but Percy had a very proud look on his face.

"Checkmate," he stated, sliding his rook into place.

I glanced at the board to ensure he was right. "Alright. Good game, Perce."

We shook hands before Percy head off to do some of his Head Boy duties, while I took a seat in the armchair,  glancing at a very windblown Harry, Fred, and George. I didn't speak for a moment, for it didn't look like they were in any mood to. George began the conversation so I didn't have to.

"Is it possible to switch houses? I think I'd like to play for your team, Lily."

"I'd join you," Fred groaned, massaging his arms with his hands as Harry nodded in agreement. "Please, Lils, let us play for Slytherin instead."

I laughed at the pleading eyes that all Harry, Fred, and George looked at me through. I sat up straighter, crossing my arms and taking in their puppy eyes. I did feel sorry for them, somewhere deep, deep, down, but the scene was too funny for me to even recognize that.

"I would, but a: I have no intention of pissing Oliver off like that, because he'd likely have my head, b: I don't want to replace my beaters, or myself, and c: I don't think switching houses is really allowed."

Fred pouted, crossing his arms and huffing much like a toddler would. At this even Harry and George laughed. I rolled my eyes and grabbed Fred's arm, pulling him up off the couch. He looked like he'd rather fall to the floor than make his legs support him, but he didn't.