Chapter 6- Telwyn

"Alright, everyone!" I yelled to the student bodies all clad in silver and green. "That concludes our final Quidditch tryout! Best of luck! To all of you who unfortunately don't make it, thanks for coming, and better luck next year!"

The loud whoops of the players echoed throughout the dressing room. After a final grin to the other Slytherins, Adrian and I retreated into the office to decide on the final team. We sat across each other at the desk as we always did and poured over our notes. It took over an hour to finally choose only seven players (and this year only one backup for each position), and write out the final copy to post in the common room.

"So," I said on the way back to the common room with Adrian. "Seventh year, huh?"

"Yeah," he chuckled. "I can't believe it."

"What are you doing when you're done and out of here then?" I asked curiously, glancing up at him just as he pushed his sandy hair from his eyes.

He shrugged. "Hopefully following in Higgs' footsteps. Quidditch is all I really know. I mean... it's most of my life. If not I'm going to try and come back here to teach," Adrian paused a moment. "I know it's a long while away, but do you have any idea of what you'd like to do once you're out of here?"

I nodded as we entered the dungeons. "Well, not quite I guess. I'm torn between becoming an auror and a magizoologist. Nuru Safar told me I could have a future in Quidditch, so that's pretty cool."

All the way to the common room after that, Adrian freaked out about hearing of my interaction with 'the Nuru Safar!'. Once entering, I posted the list, and nearly got crushed in the stampede to get to it. In a mass of students this size (it was hard to believe it wasn't even thirty kids), I, as a smaller-than-average third year, didn't stand much of a chance.

I grunted as I squeezed past as quick as I could into the dormitory where Sydney asked me to meet her. As hard as it was trying to escape the stampede of Slytherins fighting to get to the list, it was harder to evade Adrian's neverending bombardment of questions about Nuru Safar.

Sydney was already sitting in her bed waiting for me. Tracey was there as well, but didn't seem to be very interested in Quidditch. She only glanced up from her book to smile before settling again. From my pocket a drew a scrap piece of parchment in which I'd scribbled down the new Slytherin Quidditch Team. I handed it to Sydney and then sat down on my own bed.

"Slytherin Quidditch Team- Captain: Lily Potter," she read aloud.

I crossed my legs and moved to the centre of my bed. Sydney's eyes were moving across the paper. Though I knew just what names were on it already, I was kind of looking forward to hearing her say it out loud. Instead of asking her politely to do so, I threw a book at her, hoping she'd get the message. The communication, somehow, was clear.

"Chaser 1- Adrian Pucey - Seventh
Chaser 2- Jet Monroe- Sixth
Chaser 3- Terrence Higgs - Sixth
Beater 1- Zachary Hamilton - Fifth
Beater 2- Sydney Marshall - Third
Keeper- Cordell Montenegro- Seventh
Seeker- Lily Potter - Third

Back-up team

Chaser- Leonard Kristor - Fourth
Beater- Gregory Goyle - Third
Keeper- Sylvester Vaughn- Seventh
Seeker- Elliot Venterel- Fifth."

I grinned. "You're welcome."

"Hey I made it in on pure talent," Sydney huffed. "I can't believe you let that Canuck on the team."

Sydney crossed her arms. She didn't like Jet Monroe, the new transfer from Canada. I had no idea why, but I also had never asked. I sighed. I suppose I should know if they were going to have to get along at least for the teams' sake.