Chapter 2- The Leaky Cauldron

The trip to Egypt had been a month long, and yet it still felt far too short. We'd taken nearly an hour to bid goodbye to Bill, who insisted he'd visit sooner than later. So, one after the other, we headed back to The Burrow, while Charlie helped Mr Weasley apparate the luggage back.

Harry and I had to vacate Charlie's room for the few days that he was staying at the Burrow before heading back to Romania. So we lugged our heavy trunks up to the fifth story into Ron's room, unable to do magic and unwilling to bother anyone who could. I was so relieved upon our arrival that I couldn't help but collapse onto Ron's bed.

"Really, Ron?" I laughed, glancing around.

It looked like the Chudley Cannons mascot was sick all over the room. The entirely orange room was splattered with posters on posters of the team, and after a moment, I realized that the bedspread I lay on was Chudley Cannons as well. Ron straightened himself up a bit.

"The Chudley Cannons will win the Leage Cup this year!" Ron said loudly, ears tinged.

I smirked. "Really? Could someone pass me a calendar? I didn't realize it was 1892."

Ron mumbled something before pushing me off his bed. I landed on the ground with a loud  and ungraceful thud. Whoever was in the bedroom below us screamed incomprehensibly at Ron, whose ears grew redder still. I stood and brushed myself off, before moving to the camp bed to collapse on it.

Within no time Harry and Ron were in deep discussion about the Chudley Cannons, to which I didn't care to hear. I instead decided to head toward the sound of many explosions, though I suspected I knew where it was coming from anyway. I found I was indeed right when my ears led me to Fred and George's room.

"Hello there, darling," Fred grinned as I dared to push the door open.

I grinned, stepping into the room. Of course, twisted up remnants of  Dr Filibuster's Fireworks lay scattered on the floor. Their wands lay discarded on a table, and a pillow was on fire. I didn't dare ask, but simply reached for one of the many fire extinguishers that lined the walls. The fire was out in no time.

"I came to see what the commotion was. It certainly sounds like you're having quite a... blast, in here."

Both twins scowled at the pun I hadn't even intended. I rolled my eyes, not daring to take a seat on the wooden chair that looked like it'd been through a whole ring of hell in this room. One of the legs looked ready to turn to ash any minute.

"Check this out," Fred laughed, handing me a red ball.

I cocked an eyebrow, turning over the golf ball sized thing in my hands. It seemed to have no use whatsoever. Fred motioned to the left wall. I understood the nonverbal communication, and chucked it hard at the wall. To my surprise, it exploded.

The explosion, though not dangerous by any means, as it had no force to set anything on fire or even displace the papers lying nearby, scorched the wall. Percy shouted loudly from the next room, something about peace and quiet, but Fred was only examining the black mark I'd left on the wall. It went well with the dozens of other matching ones.

"Interesting. Georgie, we've gotten rid of the actual explosion and the flames, but do we want to be rid of these marks? They're starting to grow on me," he turned to me. "See, they're supposed to just be loud as a firecracker, they give Percy a right scare, but they've been exploding. Dad had to repair our room three times before we figured out how to stop it."

The room certainly didn't look like it'd been repaired any time recently. Scorch marks only mingled with the soot of pillows that had caught fire, and the expected smell of melting rubber.