Prolouge

Hannah sighed and stuffed her hands in her pocket as the cold night air chilled her to the bone. It wasn't easy being a homeless teen. Then again, since that alien invasion, nothing had been easy. She still remembered the frightened looks on her parents' faces as the were trapped in an orb like container and carried higher and higher into the air, until they were completely out if sight. Her survival instincts kicked in immediately and she ran, crying over her loss along the way . However, her safety was shortly celebrated.

She didn't see the puddle of green glowing goo before her and slipped into it. A stupid mistake on her part. She remembered the searing pain she felt and how quickly it was over. She was weak, but managed to take shelter in an old abandoned pizza place called Antonio's. It smelled moldy and rotten, but it was something. A few days, later, she'd discovered her powers. Invisibility and forcefields. Even after months, she hadn't learned to fully control them, but she found them useful. Especially since she was in Purple Dragon territory.

She sighed again before glancing around to make sure no one saw her. Then, she reached behind a trash can and pulled out a crowbar, using it to quietly pry open the old rusted back door to the Pizzeria. As she walked in, the same familiar smell wafted into her nostrils making her scrunch up her nose. Despite the smell, she walked to the back of the shop, into the worker's lounge and collapsed on the old sofa that she called a bed. Life acted like a spoiled toddler and treated her like an old toy. Like she wasn't useful anymore. And she believed it.