Chapter Sixteen- Plans

Hannah yelped as Scar and Olivia attacked her from both sides. She held up her naginata, deflecting both of their attacks.  "Are you guys trying to kill me?" She demanded. Scar shrugged and Olivia smirked. "You wanted intense training." Scar reminded her. "This is what it looks like." Olivia added. Scar attacked again flipping over Hannah and attempting to attack her from behind. With fear induced adrenalin, name rolled out if the way of Scar's sai, silently graceful for her speedy recovery.

Olivia charged next, leaping onto the walls and jumping off so that she was crouched in front of Hannah. She smirked. Hannah gulped. Without hesitance, she swept her Ninjato at her. Hannah barely had time to hold up the bladed end of her Naginata. "What the heck guys." Olivia and Scar laughed. "Fine. We'll take a short break, but after that, back to training." Scar said. Hannah groaned, putting away her Naginata and walking out. "She's getting better." Olivia said. "Yeah but she's been kinda distracted lately." Scar observed. "She's trying to keep Donnie on the positive side. He's getting depressed." Olivia explained, brushing back a strand of stray hair. Scar sighed through her nose.

"I can't believe April would do that to him. That's low!" Scar said crossing her arms over her chest. "Yeah....but we all have to move forward." Olivia said. Scar smirked. "I've got an idea." Olivia turned to her. "For what?" "To make D happy again. Just listen." Both girls began whispering in hushed tones, faint smiles growing on their faces. "I like that plan."

— — —
Hannah ate the last bit of her cereal. It was the only non pizza related food in the lair thanks to April, Scar, and Olivia. She shoved the empty bowl away, propping her elbow up on the table. She was trying to think of a new way to make Donnie smile today. She liked his smile. It showed off his adorkable gap. He didn't smile as much as he used to. Thanks to April. Hannah sighed, standing up and heading toward the lab. Donnie had fallen asleep there again, snoring lightly, a small whistling sound emitting from the gap in his teeth. Hannah couldn't help but smile.

She lightly shook him awake. Slowly, his russet eyes opened and he mumbled incoherent words. "Get up, lazy turtle." Hannah giggled, tugging on his mask tails a bit. "Don't wanna." He muttered. Hannah smirked. "This is a pretty colored liquid right here." She said, picking up a beaker with a  bright blue colored liquid inside. "But, ya know. I'm clumsy and I might drop it." Donnie was up in an instant. "Don't you dare!" He said. Hannah chuckled and put the beaker down. "Good morning, Gappy." she said, patting his head. He rolled his eyes playfully. "Morning Hannah." "You okay?" Hannah asked. Donnie thought for a moment. Yeah he was fine. No morbid thoughts. Unless beating Casey with his bō staff counted. "I'm good." He answered. Hannah nodded.

"Hannah!" Scar and Olivia called. She groaned. "I gotta go. Those two are trying to kill me and they're masking it by saying it's training." Donnie chuckled. "Try to stay alive." He said. Hannah shrugged. "Can't promise anything." With that, she left the lab, leaving the purple clad turtle to his thoughts. He sighed, feeling lonely. He enjoyed Hannah's attempts to make him smile. They worked, yes. But not good enough

"WHAT?!" Hannah whisper yelled. "I-I can't he'll reject me. I'll say something stupid and he won't like me anymore. I'll screw something up with my clumsiness. I-" "Chill out, girl." Scar said. "It's not that hard. All your doing is asking him to come look at the sunset with you. It's almost time for patrol anyway. You guys can get a head start when your done." "Yeah. Just take deep breaths and tell yourself it'll make him smile." Olivia added. Hannah ran her fingers through her hair. She sighed. "Alright. But only to make him smile." She got up slowly and began to walk away, Olivia and Scar watching her the whole way. "You sure this'll work?" Olivia asked. "It'd better." Scar answered. "Or we've lost them both. "