Chapter Twelve-Someone to fight for

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That's all Donnie heard when he stared at Hannah's face. It had been a week since her little incident and she'd gotten better with every passing hour. Her breaths would deepen, color would return to her pale cheeks, and sometimes she'd even smile. Donnie never left her side at all. Unless it was for breakfast and coffee. But that was it. That was what he was doing when it happened. He was getting a cup of coffee. He heard a scream suddenly. It was an ear piercing one too. He dropped his mug, gasping and running into the dojo, the rest of his family and friends right behind him. Hannah sat huddled in a corner, eyes wide and fearful. "Don't drop me." She muttered. "Don't drop me. Don't drop me. Please don't drop me." Slowly Donnie crept towards her.

"Hannah," He began. "Are you okay?" Hannah screamed again, trying to scoot farther backwards. However, that was not an option seeing as she was in a corner. "No! Stop! I'm sorry! Don't let me go! Don't let me die!" She was crying hysterically, clutching her head in her hands. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." She yelled. Donnie reached over and hugged her tightly. "Hannah. It's okay. Your safe now. We've got you. You're alright." He mumbled, hugging her until her sobs died out into sniffles. He pulled away. "Are you okay?" He asked. She nodded, rubbing her nose with her good wrist.

Then she looked up at him. "Donnie. Your smart right?" He chuckled. "I'd like to think so." Hannah's brow furrowed as she continued. "Are we supposed to be afraid of death?" Donnie paused for a bit. He wasn't expecting a question like that. "Um..." Hannah stared at him, expecting an answer from the terripen she trusted so much. 'What could cause love, yet fuel war?' he thought. He looked over at Hannah and into her big brown eyes. He inspected her a little bit, considering his answer. Then he gave a soft smile, finding his answer.

"Not if you have someone to fight for."