Chapter Seventeen- His eyes

((The music sets the mood. And that line where it say "He's so tall and handsome as hell" I'm like..... Donnie all the way))

Hannah sighed, pacing a bit. Donnie had agreed to come with her and look at the sunset, but she was pretty sure it was only because she'd said it was for science. She counted to ten and back down again trying to calm her riled nerves. "Are you gonna come and watch it with me or am I supposed to just be here alone?" Hannah stopped walking abruptly and turned to the purple clad turtle. He was staring at her intently. She threw her hands up. "You're right I'm sorry." She walked over and sat down on the edge of the roof beside him. "So..." Hannah began, attempting to avoid and awkward silence. "Is this your first time? Seeing a sunset I mean." Donnie shrugged. "Not necessarily. Yours?" Hannah looked down at the town below, blushing a bit. "Um... Yeah. Actually it is." Donnie smiled. "It's cool. The first time is always the best." Hannah looked up at him. "I'll take you up on that offer." Donnie grinned at her before averting his attention to the sky once more. "See!" He began pointing. "It's starting."

Hannah looked up and gasped. It was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen! The sunset cast an orange haze above the horizon, lighting up the sky as if lit by fire, yet the haze was so crisp and clear. The sun, like a large, granduer orange fireball in the distance, was partially cloaked by the hanging clouds, which were all splashed with the random colors of hot pinks, reds and even hints of purples and blues. The sun was so large that Hannah felt she could almost touch it. "Woah." Hannah said, completely awestruck. Donnie smiled, never taking his eyes off of the skyline.

Hannah looked over and snuck a glance at Donnie and found herself staring into his eyes. As he looked up, the sunlight hit his irises perfectly. Their russet color melted into a bright golden shade on the inside, while the outside turned a dark chocolate. Hannah tilted her head. "You have the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen." She mumbled absentmindedly. Donnie looked over at her with a surprised look, a small blush climbing up his cheeks. "What?" He asked. Hannah's eyes widened and she looked down in embarrassment. "I-Im sorry.... I-I just thought..."

"I never said what you said was a bad thing." Donnie said with a smile. "Oh..." Hannah began, blushing as she continued. "Your eyes look like the sunset, maybe even prettier. The inside is a bright gold and the outside is dark brown. It kinda looks like they're trying to keep the golden part trapped inside. Like it doesn't want the beauty to escape." Hannah looked up and saw that Donnie was as red as a tomato. "T-Thanks." He stuttered. Hannah looked down. "I shouldn't had said anything. I'm sorry. I have no filter sometimes." Hannah said looking down. She knew she should've said no to Olivia and Scar! Now she'd probably ruined their friendship forever! She closed her eyes tightly, trying to hold back the hurt that probably shone inside of them.

Donnie felt all warm and happy inside at her words. He always found his eyes to be slightly creepy. Especially in the dark. But....based on Hannah's words, she found them to be the exact opposite. She sounded so genuine and honest as she spoke. Hannah was always so kind to him. Despite his looks, his attitude, his separation from everyone else. She stood by him. He stole a glance in her direction. He realized something for the first since he'd met her. Donnie like Hannah. "Hey," He began, reaching to hold her hand. Hannah looked up at the unexpected form of contact.

"You can say whatever you want around me. I won't find it weird or crazy or....anything. I liked what you said about my eyes. I like everything you say, to be honest. You could even be reading the most boring thing in the world but it would still sound like an angel's melody to me." Hannah blushed a bit, looking away. Donnie placed a finger under her chin and gently pulled her face up so she was looking directly into his eyes. "I like you, Hannah. A lot. Way more than I ever had liked April. I've fallen for you hard and it's been driving me insane from day one even though I hadn't noticed it. You are so clumsy it's beautiful. You're so nervous it's adorable. Your so shy, it's cute. I could name so many more of your imperfect perfections, but I don't wanna keep you here forever." Hannah smiled, giggling lightly. "Hannah, you don't have to say yes, but I need to get this off my chest....." Donnie took a deep breath. "You are the Oxygen to my Lithium Carbonate. I would give not only two electrons for you, but all of them." Hannah giggled and blushed at his chemistry reference. "Hannah, will you go out with me?"

Hannah didn't hesitate to nod her head yes and leap into his arms. She smiled as she memorized this moment. She looked up to see Mikey, Leo, Raph, Scar, and Olivia standing on the next building, all with smiles on their faces. Don noticed too because he pulled away and held out his hand. "To patrol?" He asked with his usual gapped grin. Hannah smiled back. "To patrol." She grasped his hand and together, they walked over to the rest of the group. They didn't notice Scar smirk. "Told ya." She said holding out her fist. Olivia grinned, fist bumping Scar. "Hannahtello is official."