@demilovesmugs

You've been the best of friends for nearly a year. But then, he suddenly just cuts off all communication with you.

You don't understand. You don't know if you want to punch somebody or cry. Maybe he's busy? But in your heart, you know he's cut you off. And you don't even know why.
That's when you get a notification in Twitter. Is it him?

@demilovesmugs followed you!
@demilovesmugs mentioned you!

Hey hi sorry to randomly follow you but you seem cool. and you know if you ever wanna talk or something. I'm here.

You follow her back and send her a direct message.

Hey

She replies almost instantly.

@demilovesmugs: hi
@demilovesmugs: I'm Demi
You: I'm y/n

You start talking. You get along really well. You have a lot in common, and she's really easy to talk to. You find yourself looking forward to speaking with her everyday. You need your Demi-fix everyday.
You eventually start calling her.
"Hey," you say as you call her for the second time today.
"Hey," she replies.
"How are you?"
"Good. You?"
"Great. You making out with mugs again?" you ask, making her laugh lightly.
"What kind of question is that? Of course I am."
"Yeah, that was a rookie question," you respond.
"You've known me for a whole three months, and you still think I don't spend every waking moment kissing mugs?" she asks wryly, making you laugh.
"True. So you coming over here soon?"
You've been dying to meet her, but she lives a few hours away. You're yet to meet.
"I'm actually planning on going over there this weekend," she replies nonchalantly.
"Are you serious?"
"Yes," she replies, and you can't stop the smile that forms on your face.
"I can't wait. Fucking hell, I need to get ready."
"What are you getting ready? You hiding your mugs from me?"
"I swear to god, you're the strangest person I've ever met."
"Oh you love me."
Your heart skips a beat. "That I do."

———

It's the day that she's arriving. She's going to stay at your house. For some reason, today, you wake up with him on your mind. You feel a pang of sadness. You miss him. Your head is filled with confusion and sadness. You don't know what you did. You don't think you did anything.
As you get ready, you hear your phone ring. You pick it up and answer.
"Hey girl," Demi says.
"Hey."
"What's wrong?"
With that one word, she can already sense that something's wrong.
"I'll tell you when you get here," you reply.

———

"Demi!" you shriek as soon as you see her. She's even more beautiful in person.
"Oh my god, it's really you!" she gushes as she runs into your arms. She's so much curvier than you'd thought. "You're fucking tall, you know that?" she asks, making you laugh. She buries her face in your neck, making your heart beat rapidly. She smells of vanilla and lavender.
"Come inside," you say, taking her hand and pulling her into your house.
You sit down on the couch together, and she looks to you.
"You going to tell me about what was bothering you?"
"Yeah," you sigh. You take a deep breath before spilling everything. All your feelings about him. How he would shade you like a petty little bitch. How he just stop talking to you like that. How he hurt you more than you could ever think anyone could hurt you.
"I'm so sorry," she says, pulling you into her arms.
"It's okay," you say, tears brimming in your eyes.
"I would never leave you," she says, and you smile slightly.
"I'm so lucky to have you."
"I'm lucky to have you," she replies, pulling away slightly. She looks so beautiful in this moment. You feel your breath catch in your throat.
Before you know what's happening, you're kissing her. She tastes of strawberries. Her lips are warm against yours. You move your hands to her hair, tugging gently on the dark locks. She pulls you closer, and you feel your heart beat faster than a hummingbird's wings.
Slowly, you feel your pain lessen. It's like she fills the void that he'd left in your heart. Only she fills your heart more. She makes you feel warm and giddy as if you're floating on air.
That's when you realize you love her. You feel yourself smile, and she pulls away.
She looks into your eyes.
"What are you smiling about?" she asks, a smile playing on her lips.
"I just realized I'm okay. With you here, I'm okay."
"What have I been telling you? I would never leave you. How would I annoy you if I did?" she asks, making you laugh lightly.
With time, you just stop thinking about him. He doesn't deserve your thoughts, anyway. You have someone better to think about now. Your girlfriend who is, for some reason, obsessed with mugs—and you.

A/N
I really loved writing this tbh
So this is for a special bean in my life and you know who you are
I love you so much
And all you beans. You're all amazing