extended summary + disclaimers (PLEASE READ)

" A SKY
FULL OF STARS
AND HE WAS LOOKING
AT HER. "

(please read the entire thing <3)

•••

Madelyn Lee was your normal Queens teenager - she was a pro at hopping on trains late and crossing streets when she wasn't supposed to, and she knew the city almost by heart. She attended Midtown High, had good grades, good friends, and a good life.

That is, until her and her brother, Lucas, snuck out one night.

The two siblings were walking back from the ice cream parlor and had decided to take the extra long way home, being the idiots they are. They passed an abandoned constitution site, and, once again, being the idiots they are, they went to go check it out. They were right on the edge of Queens, one of the more sketchier places of the city.

Many accidents occurred that night, including Madelyn being in the hospital for a short period of time, and both of the teens being grounded for two months. Yes, two months. They were miserable. Or, at least Lucas was.

Madelyn had been bitten by a radioactive spider, and was gifted with superhuman abilities. She was able to stick to surfaces, climb up walls, and she could shoot webs from her wrists. And, let's not forget the superhuman strength part.

Madelyn never told a single soul about this. Not even her best friend, Peter Parker, knew. Over time, crime filled the streets of Queens, and the neighborhood wasn't as safe as it used to be. Madelyn had nothing to do with her powers, except the fact that she was a pro at sneaking out, so she decided to suit up and become a walking cliche: she was going to save the city.

Just around the time Madelyn showed up in a white suit with a mask and a hood, the well known, friendly neighborhood himself showed up. The Spider-Man had no idea Madelyn existed, so Madelyn was extra careful when she snuck out each night. Over time, Madelyn finally got the confidence to introduce herself to the Spider-Man, and that's when everything really began to change.

She earned herself a superhero name - the Spider-Woman - and even a partner. But, she also earned herself an enemy, and that enemy was going to change her whole life.

Madelyn now has to deal with high school, her friends, and her soon to be broken family, on top of suiting up each night and saving the city. Little does she know, she may be a lot closer to the Spider-Man than she realizes.

•••

covers

This GORGEOUS cover was made by spideysthetic  , go check out her page!

(made by myself)

•••

So, I won't be using a cast / face claims for this book because when I first published the first few chapters, I literally did not know how to freaking use wattpad, meaning I didn't know how to put gifs into my stories lmao. So, that's the main reason I don't have a cast.

BUUUUUUT my AMAZING friend spideysthetic  has offered to make gifs for this story (and they're so beautiful oh my god)!! So, since I don't have face claims, we're using Tom Holland as Peter and Paris Berelc as Mads <3 okokok let's get on with the story lmao

So, this story is a little different than your average Peter Parker/Spiderman story. My main character (Madelyn Lee) is Spider-Woman (sometimes referred to as Spider-Gwen, except she's not Gwen lol). I'm including characters such as Ned Leeds, Liz Allan, Flash Thompson, Michelle Jones, etc. except Gwen and Mary Jane won't be in it. I didn't really create anything besides my main character in this story and some random side characters along the way.

There will be strong language in this story (but not excessively), and the topic of death will be mentioned quite a bit. If you are sensitive to these things, then I don't recommend reading this.

I really, really hope you like this story!! I'm having a ton of fun with it and I'm lowkey super proud of it haha. Enjoy my loves!