chapter 7: Moving in

Dylin's P.O.V.

When we got to the storage unit I jumped out of the car to grab my key from the main office. When we arrived at my unit we all got out of the car and started walking towards the unit. I turned around to face them.

"Ok, so I'm going to warn you there's kind of a lot." I say. Stefan laughs and puts up his hand.

"oh please. If you have more than 10 bags then you're actually a girl. come on open it." Damon grabbed the key and took off the lock. When he opened it all of there mouths dropped. Damon looked at me.

"10 bags equals girl, 20 bags equals... hoarder." he grabs a few bags and throws them in the back of the car. I grab my guitar and another bag.

"didn't you say you had a mattress in here?" Elena looked at me then the unit. Then Caroline looked at me.

"yeah. she has a mattress and box spring. she just doesn't have a bed set." she smiles "lucky for you my mom has an extra at my house. I don't think she'll miss it." she ran and I assumed she went to get it. I guess Stefan and Damon failed to tell me that she was a vampire to.

"woah." I heard Stefan from the car. Damon and I walked over.

"what?" I asked trying to see what he was holding. It was an old painting of the four of us from when we were little.  we were about 14, 10, 8 and 8 Skylar and I are twins but we look nothing a like. Under the painting on a plaque it said 'The Salvatore Siblings Forever And Always.' they used to let me and Skylar keep it in our room. Damon grabbed it and I thought I saw a tear.

"oh my god.  you kept it after all this time?" I nodded and he put his arm around me and I smiled. We finished packing up the car but we weren't sure if we should wait for Caroline or not. Stefan had Elena text her so while they did that I was in the back of the car playing on Damon's phone while he put his seat back and listened to music. Stefan and Elena hopped in.

"She said she'll meet us at the house she's grabbing a bedding, too." Elena said putting her seat belt on as Damon puts his seat up and starts the car. When we get home Stefan and Damon take everything in but when they get to the guitar I take it in a put it in the living room or dead living room. which ever one works. I run up the stairs to where my room used to be and I start unpacking.

"Uh do you want some help?" Damon asked standing in the door frame. I nod and he walks in grabbing a box of books and setting it on the desk next to the book shelf. 

"So where's Caroline?" I ask curious about where my bed is. Damon shrugs.

"I think she's on her way back now." I nod. when he finishes putting away all the books and I finish putting away my clothes we start decorating. Damon looks at me.

"So tell me about this whole immortal thing. Do you have any special abilities?" I laugh.

"Yeah I can read minds and my belly button blows bubbles." we laugh and I shrug. " yeah I basically have vampire abilities only I don't have fangs, drink blood or die if someone tries to stake me. oh and I have the ability to control weather and plant voices in peoples heads, but thats a whole different thing." he nods as Caroline walks in with the bed stuff. she smiles.

"This place looks great." she says. I smile

"Uh thanks." I replie and she nods.

"Ok so I grabbed you these forms you are going to school right?" she looks at me then Damon. I looked at Damon, too cause I didn't know if I was. he looks at me and grabs the papers.

"You can start tomorrow." Caroline smiled. 

"yay!" she says in her chipper ways.

"I'll see you then." I say turning off the light and jumping on the now set up bed. Damon laughs and walks to the door.

"Night wolf." I smile that was his nickname for me when I was little. I loved wolfs when I was younger I always wanted one as a pet.

"Night sarge." he laughed. I called him that because he was in the war. We all had different nicknames for each other. Stefan's was sleeping beauty because he slept the latest out of all of us and Skylar's was fish cause she loved to swim. I felt happy. For the first time in a long time we were almost completly together and nothing could tear us apart.