Chapter 9: Meeting New People

Dylin's P.O.V

When I open the doors I see a whole bunch of people starring at me.

"uh Stefan I dont think I can do this eveyone is starring at me." he smiles and puts an arm around me.

"you'll be fine. I promise." he says giving me a quick squeeze. I look around and see Caroline at her locker. I look back at Stefan.

"I'm gonna go talk to Caroline." I say and before he can say anything I run over to Caroline and tap her on her sholder. she looks at me and I smile.

"Hey!" she says giving me a big hug. she lets go and I can finally breath again.

"uh hi um I was wondering if you could come to the office with me I don't really know where I'm going and your the only friend I have so." she nods and hooks her arm around mine leading me to the office.

When we get to the office I hand my papers to Caroline and she walks in and hands them to the lady behind the desk. she looks back at me and motions for me to come in. I walk slowly to the desk and wave slightly. The woman smiles at me and I start to relax.

"so you must be Dylin Salvatore I'm Miss Ashmore." she says holding out her hand for me to shake. At first I hesitated but I eventually did shake her hand. she hits a button on her keybored and the sound of the printer starting causes me to jump. Miss Ashmore laughs and hands me a schedule. Caroline and I smile and start to walk out. I go to turn the corner and I run into someone. we fall and I drop all my stuff. I grab my head. I look at him.

"I'm so sorry I didn't even see you." I look at him and he laughs helping me with my stuff.

"It's ok I wasn't really paying attention either." he says handing me my schedule and helping me up. "Are you ok?" I nod not able to speak. He puts out his hand. "I'm Jeremy." I shake his hand. "Dylin." I say. ugh why am I so awkward. He looks at me. "cool name. uh are you new I haven't seen you around before?" he asks. I nod. "uh yeah I uh, I just transferred from Colorado, to stay with family." I say. he smiles. "well it was nice meeting you." he says before walking away. he turns around. "See you around Dyl!" he yells down the hall. I laugh and look at my schedule. ok, first class what do I... oh ok history with Mr. Saltzman. I look around trying to find his room. I tap someone   on their shoulder. They turn around.

"uh hi sorry to bug you um I was wondering if you knew where Mr. Saltzman's room was?" I ask. He smiles. "uh yeah its down the hall to the second right and forth door on the left." he says. "thanks. um I'm Dylin by the way." I say. "I'm Tyler and this is my buddy Matt." he says pointing to his friend. He seemed kinda shy. I smile at them and start to walk away. "thanks for the directions!" I yell.