Chapter 26: Hard to say Goodbye

Skyalr's P.O.V.

"we should probably get home it's getting late." Stefan says as Jeremy regains his strength. I look at Dylan and she looked like she was about to fall asleep and then she did. She passed out and fell to the ground. I kinda laughed and Stefan picked her up.

"Alright come on let's go before someone else passes out." he says running to the car and putting Dylan in the back seat. I hop in next to her and we drive home.

When we got back to our house I hoped out and ran to my room to change into my pajama shorts and a cami. Dylan stumbled up the stairs and put on her shorts and a 'Vegan' sweatshirt she got a

while back. I laugh as she plops down on her bed.

"Night sky." she mumbles into her pillow.

"Night Dil." I say as I turn the light out.

The next day we were a bit upset. we walked down the stairs and to the kitchen where we found Damon and Stefan.

"well good morning sunshines." Damon says sarcastically. we look at each other then frown. They look at us concerned.

"what's wrong." Stefan asks with his serious vampire look. Dylan looks down and fidgets with her bracelets.

"we're going to Chicago for a little while." she says looking down again. Damon's eyes went wide and Stefan was speechless.

"Wh- you're leaving. but we just got you guys back you can't just leave." Damon says almost shouting. Dylan jumped and quickly wipes a tear away before anyone could see it. I look at them.

"look we'll be back in a year tops I swear we just need to finish this whole thing without putting everyone we love in danger." I say quickly pushing out the words. Stefan looks at us calmly.

"only a year." he says starting to give in. I nod.

"only a year." I repeat hoping they'll understand. Stefan and Damon exchange looks before looking back at us. They walk over and we have a family hug.

"we're gonna miss you so much." Damon says kissing the tops of our heads. We smile then look at each other.

"Time to pack." I say. She nods and we run up to our room. I grab a back pack and she does the same. we pack stuff up fir about 20 minutes and run downstairs to see all of our friends looking at us. Elena, Caroline, Bonnie, Matt, Tyler, Kat, Jesse and Jeremy. You could easily tell that Jeremy and Jesse were crushed.

"Jeremy." Dylan says before dropping her bag and running towards him. she hugs him tight and hugs her back. I look at Jesse and walk over to him as I tightly hug him refusing to let him go. I felt him stroke my hair I smiled at his soothing touch. I look up at him.

"I'm gonna miss you so much." he says tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. I blush and look at all of my friends.

"Oh group hug." Caroline says before smushing everyone into a hug. Dylan looks at us.

"uh yeah I don't hug." she says calmly. I roll my eyes and pull her into the hug.

"I love you guys." she says comfortingly we all smile as we end the giant hug. we turn and grab our bags and look at them.

we smile and head towards the door. I could tell Dylan wasn't ready. she dropped her bag and ran to Jeremy again. I could hear what she said.

"I love you Jer. it's so hard to say goodbye." she whispers. he smiles.

"I love you too." he replies. I smile at them as she walks back over and grabs her bag.

"see you guys in a year or so." I say before we head out the door. we reach the 'welcome to Mystic Falls' sign before Dylan stops. she puts her hand on the sign and I tear falls from her eye.

"goodbye Mystic Falls." she says as we run towards Chicago.